Opera is one of the most used web browsers on Windows PC. The browser is also available for Android smartphones too. But it has no independent VPN app. With the browser, you will get the VPN as a built-in feature. The Opera browser is a free browser, so that you will get the VPN for free without any data limitations. However, the Opera browser is not compatible with the Firestick device due to some technical aspects. In this article, we will explore the possibilities of using the Opera VPN on Firestick.
Is Opera VPN Available on Firestick
As of now, there is no dedicated Opera browser or dedicated Opera VPN for Amazon Firestick. If you try to install the browser with the Downloader app, it will be installed but won’t work. If you want a VPN for your Firestick, try the alternatives.
How to Install a Opera VPN on Firestick using the Downloader
You can follow the steps below to install the Opera VPN on Firestick using the Sideloading method. And to sideload apps on Firestick, you can use the Downloader app.
NOTE: To turn on the access to install applications from unknown sources, go to Settings –> My Fire TV –> Developer Options –> Apps from Unknown Sources –> Turn On.
1. Go to your Fire TV home screen and select Find > Search.
2. Use the virtual keyboard to type and search for the Downloader app.
3. Select the Downloader app from the Apps & Games list.
4. Click on the Download button to install the app.
5. Once the app is installed, click the Open button to launch the Downloader app.
6. Select the URL box from the home screen and enter the download link of the Opera Browser app https://bit.ly/3CMF3AE.
7. Next, click on the Go button to download the APK File of the Opera Browser.
8. After downloading the Opera Browser, you can click on the Install button
9. Now, you have installed the Opera Browser on your Firestick.
10. Next, you can click on the Open button to launch the Opera Browser.
11. Select the Profile icon from the lower right corner.
12. Then, select the VPN icon.
13. Select the server from the drop-down menu and click on the Connect icon.
14. Finally, you have connected to the Opera VPN on Firestick.
How to Install Opera VPN on Firestick using ES File Explorer
You can follow the steps below to install Opera VPN on Firestick using ES File Explorer.
1. Get to your Fire TV’s home screen.
2. Next, click on the Find tab.
3. Then, choose the Search tile.
4. Use your Fire TV remote to type ES File Explorer on the Virtual Keyboard. Then, select the ES File Explorer app option below the Virtual keyboard.
5. Now, all the applications related to your search will be displayed. From there, pick the ES File Explorer app.
6. Select the Download button to install the Opera Browser on Firestick.
7. After installing the ES File Explorer, click on the Open button.
8. Click on Downloader icon > + New tab.
9. Enter the APK File URL of the Opera Browser https://bit.ly/3CMF3AE in the Path field.
10. Enter a name of your choice in the Name field.
11. Then, click on the Download Now button.
12. Now, the APK File will start to download.
13. A popup window will appear after the APK File’s download is complete. From there, click on the Open File.
15. Next, click on the Install button.
15. After installing Opera Browser is complete, select the Open button.
16. Now, you can connect to a VPN on your Firestick completely free of cost.
Other Best VPN for Firestick
In the following section, you can find the other best VPN for your Firestick.
Premium Level VPN
These are some of the premium level VPNs that can be used for any purposes like browsing, torrenting, access geo-restricted contents, and will give you the utmost security. All these premium-level VPNs have subscription plans.
Free Version VPN
These are some VPNs with a free version but with limited features. If you buy the subscription, you will access the full features without limitations. If you use your Firestick for minimal browsing purposes like streaming apps and normal surfing, you can choose any freemium VPNs.
The next is the free VPNs. Melon VPN, iON VPN, Iron Shield VPN are some of the free VPNs available for Firestick. These VPNs will have no data limitations and no restrictions. You can use the VPN for free. But the security protocols and the server count will be minimal. If you rarely use your Firestick for browsing purposes, you can get any of the free VPNs.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, the Opera VPN is unavailable in the Amazon App Store.
You can use the Downloader or ES File Explorer app to sideload Opera VPN on Firestick.
Yes, the Opera VPN is effective and trustworthy.