Opera is one of the most used web browsers on Windows PC. The browser is also available for Android smartphones too. But it has no independent VPN app. With the browser, you will get the VPN as a built-in feature. The Opera browser is a free browser, so you will get the VPN for free without any data limitations. Due to some technical aspects, the Opera browser is not compatible with the Firestick device. In this article, we will explore the possibilities of using the Opera VPN on Firestick.
Opera VPN on Firestick
As of now, there is no dedicated Opera browser or dedicated Opera VPN for Amazon Firestick. If you try to install the browser with the Downloader app, it will be installed but won’t work. If you want a VPN for your Firestick, try the alternatives.
Premium Level VPN
These are some of the premium level VPNs that can be used for any purposes like browsing, torrenting, access geo-restricted contents and will give you the utmost security. All these premium level VPNs have subscription plans.
Free Version VPN
These are some of the VPN with a free version but with limited features. If you buy the subscription, you will access the full features without any limitations. If you use your Firestick for minimal browsing purposes like streaming apps and normal surfing, you can choose any one of the freemium VPNs.
The next is the free VPNs. Melon VPN, iON VPN, Iron Shield VPN are some of the free VPNs available for Firestick. These VPNs will have no data limitations and no restrictions. You can use the VPN for free. But the security protocols and the server count will be minimal. If you use your Firestick for browsing purposes rarely, you can get any of the free VPNs.
Choose a VPN that suits your usage.
How to Install a VPN on Firestick
1. Click the Lens icon on the home screen.
2. The on-screen keyboard will appear. Type the name of the VPN and search for it.
3. The VPN will be listed in the Apps & Games category. We tried NordVPN. Select the VPN.
4. Now, click the Get icon to download the VPN.
5. After the VPN is downloaded, click the Open icon and start using the VPN.
How to Install a VPN on Firestick using the Downloader
If the VPN is not shown in the Apps & Games category, you have to use the Downloader app. The Downloader app is the best third-party installer for Firestick. Before installing the VPN using the Downloader app, don’t forget to turn on the Apps from Unknown Sources feature.
Settings –> My Fire TV –> Developer Options –> Apps from Unknown Sources –> Turn On
1. Go to the Search bar as the above method and type Downloader.
2. Select the Downloader app from the Apps & Games list.
3. Choose the Download icon to install the app.
4. Once the app is installed, click the Open button to launch the Downloader app.
5. Now, go to the Search bar and type the VPN’s download link. You can get the link from the Play Store clone sites like APKPure and APKMirror.
6. Click the Install button followed by the Open button to launch the VPN and start using the VPN on your Firestick.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I install Opera on FireStick?
You can’t install the Opera browser on any Fire TV and Firestick models. Instead, use any of the alternatives.
2. What’s the best free VPN for FireStick?
The best free VPNs for Firestick is the freemium VPN mentioned above. In the freemium VPN, you will get good security but with limited features.
3. Is there a totally free VPN for Firestick?
Yes, 100% free VPNs are available for Firestick. The free VPNs will have minimal protection and minimal features.