ExpressVPN is one of the premium level VPNs and the most recommended for Firestick. It was introduced in the year 2009. Currently, it is one of the most VPNs in the world. ExpressVPN can be used for several purposes like torrenting, geo-restricted content, 100% secure streaming, anonymous connection, etc. Moreover, it provides 24/7 customer support for handling your queries. As the ExpressVPN app is officially available on Firestick, the setup and installation process is very easy.
Highlights of ExpressVPN
Servers and Locations: The VPN has over 3000 servers in 160 locations around 94 countries. With 3000 servers, you will never get the server overload warning. The servers are placed around 94 countries, so you can access all the geo-restriction contents. The servers are enabled with protocols like OpenVPN UCP, IPsec, IKEv2, PPTP, L2TP/IPsec, and OpenVPN TCP.
Multiple Devices: With a single subscription, you can connect up to 5 devices. With this, you can connect the VPN to your smartphone, Firestick, PC, smart TV, and other smart devices. The VPN can be easily installed on WiFi routers too.
Jurisdiction: The VPN is based on the British Virgin Islands (BVI), which comes under British territory. It is not based on 14-eye countries. The VPN can’t keep any logs and won’t store any of your personal information. You can browse with complete anonymity.
Customer Support: ExpressVPN offers 24/7 customer support to all its users. It has video tutorials, FAQ pages, Email support, and Live chat. The video tutorials show you all the setup processes and installation guides. The email and live chat support are responsive.
Torrenting and Streaming: ExpressVPN can bypass geo-restrictions on any streaming site and give you international access. The VPN can also be used for torrenting too. With 3000+ servers, it can handle high-level torrenting with ease.
ExpressVPN has three subscription plans. All three plans have a 30-day money-back guarantee policy.
- $12.95 per month
- $59.95 for six months ($9.99 per month)
- $99.95 for one year ($6.67 per month) with 3 months of free.
As of now, the VPN has no free trial. If you want to test the VPN, buy any of its subscriptions and cancel the plan within 30 days to get a refund.
How to Download ExpressVPN for Firestick
ExpressVPN is available on the Amazon App Store. You can install the VPN without third-party applications.
One Step Guide: Launch your Firestick > Go to Home page > Click Find > Select Search > Browse for ExpressVPN > Select the app > Click Get or Download > Click Open to laucnh.
1. Click the Find title on the Firestick home screen and select Search.
2. Type ExpressVPN or choose it from the suggestions.
3. The VPN will be available under Apps & Games. Select the ExpressVPN.
4. Click the Get icon to download the VPN.
5. Wait for the installation to complete.
6. After the installation is complete, click the Open button to run the VPN instantly.
Alternate Method: How to Get Express VPN on Firestick
Here we will get ExpressVPN for Firestick via a third-party installer called Downloader. Before downloading the Downloader app, you should enable the Apps from unknown sources option.
To do that, go to Settings > My Fire TV > Developer Options > Apps from unknown sources > Turn On.
1. Hover to Home Screen on your Firestick device.
2. Click Find and select the Search option.
3. Using the on-screen keyboard, type Downloader in the search bar.
4. You will now get the search result. From the result, click on the Downloader app.
5. Now, the app’s info page will be opened.
6. Select the Get or Download option for downloading the app.
7. Once downloaded, click on Open to launch the app or launch it from the My Apps and Channels section on Home Screen.
8. Click Allow to permit access to all media files on your device.
9. Enter the ExpressVPN Apk link in the URL field and click Go.
10. Click on the Install option from the ExpressVPN info page.
11. After that, click on the Done option.
12. Followed by it, click on the Delete option in the pop-up to delete the Apk file.
13. Then tap on the Open button to launch the app.
How to Setup and Use ExpressVPN for Firestick
Now, you have successfully installed ExpressVPN for Firestick. Set up the VPN with the following steps and activate the VPN.
1. Click the Sign in button on the opening screen.
2. On the next screen, sign in with the subscribed account.
3. After the Sign in, click the OK button to configure ExpressVPN. Follow the on-screen process to configure it.
4. Choose the server location and click the Connect button. When it is connected, you will get the below screen.
5. If you want to disconnect the VPN, click the Connect button again.
You need to know these things to install and use ExpressVPN on Firestick.
You can try these alternatives instead of ExpressVPN as well.
Frequently Asked Questions
ExpressVPN on Firestick works well with a subscription and WiFi connection.
A monthly subscription for ExpresssVPN starts at $12.95/month.
You will get the confirmation pop-up. Go to ExpressVPN’s What is my IP URL www.expressvpn.com/what-is-my-ip. You will see that your IP is protected.
Make sure to update the latest version of the ExpressVPN app and try again to fix the issue.