TunnelBear VPN is a VPN provider that you can use to secure your data and online activities. Unfortunately, the TunnelBear VPN app is unavailable on the Amazon App Store of Firestick and Fire TV. However, you can sideload the TunnelBear VPN app to your Firestick using the Downloader app. With the TunnelBear VPN installed on your Firestick, you can get access to all types of content across the world without any geo-restrictions.
TunnelBear VPN also protects your privacy, censorship, and IP-based tracking. TunnelBear VPN offers both free and paid versions of VPN services. With its military-grade encryption and user-friendly interface, you can surf the internet without limitations. You can get the app and use it on your Firestick by following the guide in this article.
TunnelBear VPN Specifications – An Overview
|Number of Servers
|Number of Countries
|Fire OS 6 and above models
|$9.99 per month
|OpenVPN, Wireguard, and IKEv2
How to Sideload TunnelBear VPN APK on Firestick
Before sideloading the TunnelBear APK on FIrestick, ensure signing up or creating an account on the TunnelBear VPN by visiting its official site. If you have any doubts during the signup process, check our detailed signup steps mentioned below.
1. Navigate to the Amazon App Store and install the Downloader app on Firestick.
2. After installing the app, enable the Install Unknown Apps option for the Downloader app by following the instructions given below.
Visit Settings → Tap My Fire TV → Click Developer Options → Hit Install Unknown Apps → Turn on Downloader.
3. Launch the Downloader and go to the Home tab.
4. Type the TunnelBear VPN APK (https://urlsrt.io/tunnelbear) on the search box and hit Go.
5. Wait for the APK to download and then click Install to get the app.
6. Now, enable and use TunnelBear VPN on Firestick.
How to Set Up and Use TunnelBear VPN on Firestick
1. After installing the app, press Open to launch the TunnelBear VPN application.
2. Sign in to your TunnelBear user account.
3. Enable the Connection Toggle button to connect to the VPN.
4 To change the location, tap the Location button and choose your desired location.
5. The VPN offers 2GB of free data every month. Click the Upgrade button to get unlimited data (only for free users).
6. Click the Hamburger icon on the top left corner. You will get five options.
7. In the Options menu, you can customize GhostBear (Auto Connect), VigilantBear (Kill Switch), and SplitBear (Split Tunneling).
8. Tap the Help button to open the TunnelBear VPN help webpage.
9. Clicking the Review on Play Store button will direct you to the Play Store to give reviews.
11. Click the Log Out button to remove your TunnelBear VPN account from the Firestick device.
Alternatives for TunnelBear VPN
Besides initiating the sideload process, you can try to install any one of these alternative VPNs on the Firestick. They are available on the Amazon App Store for you to install on the Fire TV Stick easily.
NordVPN on Firestick will be the right choice for you as it has multiple features that are encrypted in a way that provides you with strong security and privacy. Using 6000+ servers, you can surf in a remote location without being interrupted.
Surfshark VPN on Firestick scores better in affordability, with very advanced features as its specialty. Even with the one subscription account, it lets you connect an unlimited number of devices hassle-free. The Camouflage Mode will hide your IP address completely, even from your internet provider.
Being a fast and reliable VPN service, it has a specially-made VPN Accelerator to speed up the connection speed to 400%. Proton VPN on Firestick will defend you from unwanted trackers and snoopers with a secure core architecture feature.
How to Sign Up for TunnelBear VPN
Before signing up for TunnelBear VPN, you should know the plans and pricing. Check out the table below to learn that
1. Navigate to the TunnelBear VPN’s official site (https://www.tunnelbear.com/).
2. Click on the Get TunnelBear button, and you will be redirected to the TunnelBear subscription plan’s page.
3. Choose the desired plan and click Get Started button.
4. Enter the payment details and click the Buy Now button to purchase the plan.
5. Then, hit the Create an Account button and enter the required details.
6. Now install and use the TunnelBear VPN on Firestick.
|Contact Us Page
|Available in the bottom right corner of the Web page
|Social Media Handles
Frequently Asked Questions
No, since TunnelBear has a free version of VPN, it does not offer any free trial for the users.
No, your money will not be refunded, and no cancellations are available for 1-year and 3-year plans on TunnelBear VPN.
You can uninstall the TunnelBear VPN app and sideload the latest version of the TunnelBear VPN app on your Firestick.
TunnelBear VPN might not work if you have an outdated VPN app, poor internet connection, and excessive app cache. You can fix these problems by updating the VPN app on your Firestick, connecting to a more stable Wi-Fi connection, and removing the excess cache files.
Why We Opt for TunnelBear VPN?
The TunnelBear VPN is best suit for you if you like to access a VPN for free with no data logging. It is an user friendly app and easy to access. But you cannot count on the app if you are looking to bypass geo restrictions on Netflix app. Otherwise, it is a great VPN app to use on Firestick.
- Has a free version
- Strict no logs policy
- Annual security audits
- Doesn't bypass Netflix
- Doesn't offer dedicated IP address
Server Network & Locations8
Security & Privacy8.5
Performance & Speed9
Value for Money7.5