Though the Amazon Firestick is meant for streaming purposes, you can use the device for browsing purposes too. While browsing the internet, it is important to have a VPN. If you use your Firestick for torrenting and free streamings like YIFY, you need to use some powerful VPN. Free VPNs like Atom VPN, Ultrasurf won’t be powerful enough to satisfy your torrenting needs. In this article, we guide you to install TunnelBear VPN for Firestick, its features, and setup process. TunnelBear is one of the reputed VPN and used for torrenting by many users.
Highlights of TunnelBear VPN
- The VPN has servers in more than 23 countries.
- With one subscription, you can add up to 5 devices.
- TunnelBear VPN uses AES 259-bit encryption, it is one of the toughest encryption to decode.
- With the Launch at Startup feature, the VPN will be turned on whenever you turn on your device. You don’t have to turn on the VPN manually.
- The VPN has the Vigiland Mode to block all the internet connection when the VPN connection is interrupted.
TunnelBear VPN Pricing
TunnelBear VPN has both free and subscription-based services. In the free plan, you will 500MB of data limit. You can use the free plan to check the VPN service. If you are satisfied with the TunnelBear VPN, you can upgrade your plans. TunnelBear VPN has three subscription plans.
- $9.99 per month,
- $59.88 per year ($4.99 per month),
- $120 for three years ($3.33 per month).
As you can see, if you choose a longer time period, you can minimize the money spent per month. Apart from these subscriptions, it also has team plans. For a team, you will get a free trial for 7 days, and then it costs $5.75 per user per month (min 2 users). For more information, visit the TunnelBEar VPN website.
Guide to Install TunnelBear VPN for Firestick
As you know, TunnelBear VPN is not available on Amazon App Store, you need to use third-party installers. We are going to use the Downloader app to install TunnelBear VPN as it is one of the best third-party applications for Firestick.
Preparing Firestick to install TunnelBear VPN for Firestick
While using third-party installers, you need to turn on Apps from Unknown Sources.
Follow the command from your Firestick Home screen. Settings –> My Fire TV or Devices –> Developer Options –> Apps from Unknown Sources –> Turn on.
1. If you have the Downloader app, skip to step 7. If you don’t have the app, click the Lens icon.
2. Using the on-screen keyboard, type Downloader or choose it from suggestions.
3. Select the Downloader app from the Apps & Games section.
4. Tap on the Get or Download icon to download the app.
5. When the app is downloaded, click the Open icon to launch the Downloader app instantly.
6. For the first time, it will ask permissions. Click Allow and OK.
7. Now, the Downloader app will appear. Navigate to the search bar and type the TunnelBear VPN’s download link https://bit.ly/2NAYnZ0. Click the Go button.
8. The VPN will be downloaded, Click the Install button to install the VPN.
9. The VPN will start installing on your device.
10. When it is installed, click the Open button to launch the TunnelBear VPN instantly or click the Done button.
11. When you click the Done, click the Delete button on the next screen to delete the TunnelBear VPN apk file.
12. Open the VPN from your Apps list and turn on the VPN. Browse without any geo-restrictions and anonymously.
TunnelBear VPN Alternatives
You can also try these alternatives as well:
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does TunnelBear VPN work on Firestick?
Yes, TunnelBear VPN will work on all the Firestck/Fire TV devices except 1st Gen Fire TV.
2. Is TunnelBear VPN good?
TunnelBear VPN is an above average VPN and can be trusted. Yes, it is a good VPN.
3. Does TunnelBear VPN hide your IP address?
You can check that by yourself. Open browser and Google “What is My IP?” and check your virtual location.