NordVPN is available for Amazon Firestick, and you can install it directly on your device. With NordVPN on Firestick, you can stream securely by protecting your data. NordVPN is one of the best VPNs for Firestick, and experts highly recommend it. If you want the utmost protection and need to access all restricted content, NordVPN is the perfect choice. In this article, let us discuss how to install NordVPN on Firestick.
Highlights of NordVPN
NordVPN has some unique features that other VPNs don’t have.
Servers and Locations: NordVPN has 5027+ servers in 59 countries worldwide. You will never get server overloading and connectivity issues with this huge number of servers. In America alone, NordVPN has 2174 servers. Next to America, Europe has 2094 servers.
Multiple devices: You can access NordVPN on 6 devices with one subscription. The VPN is available for Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, Chrome, Mozilla Extension, and Routers. You can install NordVPN on WiFi routers with ease. With the 6 simultaneous devices, you can use NordVPN on all your smart devices.
Torrenting: NordVPN is the best for streaming and torrenting. The VPN has the SmartPlay feature. This will allow you to stream live and on-demand videos safer & faster. SmartPlay feature will give you access to all the geo-restricted content.
Jurisdiction: The VPN is based in Panama, not in the Fourteen Eyes alliances. As the VPN does not collect any of the log files, NordVPN is completely safe to use.
NordLynx: It offers a fast VPN connection. NordLynx was developed with the WireGuard VPN protocol. The ultimate aim of NordLynx is to provide a high-speed internet connection with the utmost security. The NordLynx feature is a new update and is not available in other VPNs. With this feature, you can get higher download and upload speeds when compared to other VPNs
Customer Support: This section of NordVPN is the best. NordVPN offers three types of customer support. Help Centre, Live Chat, and Email Chat. If you have any issues with the VPN, you can contact them in any of the three ways. The customer executives will look into your problem and provide the necessary solutions.
NordVPN has different subscription plans. All of them have a 30-day money-back policy.
- Monthly Plan
- Standard – $11.99
- Plus – $12.89
- Complete- $14.19
- 1 Year Plan
- Standard – $4.99/ month and $99.48/ year
- Plus – $5.89/ month and $126.96/ year
- Complete – $7.19/ month and $198.84/ year
- 2 Year Plan
- Standard – $3.69/ month and $223.83/ year
- Plus – $4.59/ month and $285.66/ year
- Complete – $5.89/ month and $447.39/ year
NordVPN website: www.NordVPN.com
As you can see, if you opt for longer plans, you can get a minimal subscription per month. Currently, no free trial is available on the VPN service. But they give you a 30-day money-back guarantee, with which you can claim your money back if you are unsatisfied with the service.
Buy any of the subscription plans on the NordVPN website before getting into the installation process.
How to Install NordVPN for Firestick
One-Step Guide: Go to the Fire TV home > Click Find > Tap Search > Search NordVPN > Select the app > Click Get or Download > Click Open to launch.
NordVPN application is officially available on the Amazon App Store so that you can install the VPN directly without any third-party installers.
1. On the Firestick Home screen, click the Find icon next to the Home option and click Search.
2. Type NordVPN and search for it.
3. The VPN will be found under the Apps & Games section. Select the NordVPN application.
4. On the next screen, click the Get or Download button to download and install the VPN on your Firestick.
5. Wait for the installation to complete.
6. When completed, click the Open button to run the NordVPN app instantly.
Alternate Method: How to Download NordVPN on Firestick
You can install NordVPN on Firestick from the Amazon website as an alternate method.
1. Go to the Amazon website using your PC browser.
2. Click the Accounts & Lists option and click Sign In.
3. Sign in with your Amazon account details.
4. Click the Search bar and search for NordVPN.
5. Select the app from the search results and click Deliver.
6. Then, select your Firestick device.
7. The app will reflect on your Firestick within 24 hours.
How to Use NordVPN on Firestick
1. Go to the Log In button and sign in with the subscribed account.
2. After the login, choose any of the servers.
3. While connecting for the first time, it will ask for permission to connect to the VPN. Click Continue and follow the on-screen instructions.
4. When the VPN is connected, it will be indicated on the top right corner of the screen.
5. If you want to disconnect the VPN, click on the server again. It will be disconnected.
How to Fix NordVPN Not Working Issue on Firestick
There are various reasons for NordVPN not working issues on Firestick that may include server issues, incompatibility, blacklisted IP, and much more. You can try some troubleshooting ideas to solve the problems at that time.
- Clear the app cache on the Firestick to remove the corrupted temporary files.
- Ensure a stable internet connection on your device.
- Check the VPN-specific server location of the compatible streaming services.
- Uninstall and reinstall the NordVPN application on your Firestick.
- Try connecting to multiple servers if the VPN IP address is blacklisted.
- Otherwise, visit the support center of the NordVPN for further clarification.
Best Alternatives of NordVPN on Firestick
Though NordVPN is one of the best VPNs for Firestick, some users won’t be satisfied with its features. If you are one of them, take a look at those alternatives.
ExpressVPN is one of the best VPN services that mainly focuses on the security and privacy of the user. With this VPN, you can access geo-restricted streaming services and content. Also, it has less impact on the connection speed and better streaming ability. Further, ExpressVPN has plenty of virtual servers in over 94 countries. Besides, it is one of the fastest VPNs with good torrenting capabilities for streaming your favorite movies or shows on your Firestick-connected TV.
IPVanish is a feature-rich VPN service provider with various tools for online security and to protect users’ privacy. It offers a seamless streaming experience with high-speed connectivity and military-grade encryption for protection. Also, IPVanish VPN allows you to bypass geo-restricted websites or streaming services. It is compatible with most devices, including Linux, Chrome, Windows, Firestick, Android, iOS, etc. Additionally, IPVanish offers a 30-day money-back guarantee with annual plans for every new user.
ProtonVPN is a reliable virtual private network with advanced privacy features and a user-friendly interface. It mainly focuses on lag-free streaming and gaming experience for geo-blocked content. Also, ProtonVPN gives you a free version with limited features. For more premium features, you need to get a subscription. In addition, it has a VPN accelerator for high-speed connection and a virtual server that can handle up to 10 Gbps capacity.
Frequently Asked Questions
When you successfully connect to the chosen server, you will get a notification on the top-right corner of the screen. Using a Firefox browser, you can also check if the VPN works on Firestick.
No, you need a premium subscription to access NordVPN on Firestick. But it has a 30-day money-back policy if you are unsatisfied with the service.
No, NordVPN will work smoothly on the 2nd Gen Firestick and above. In 1st Gen, the VPN is not compatible.
Yes, NordVPN is one of the best VPNs for torrenting purposes. With over 5000 servers, you will get the Server Overloaded warning while torrenting.