CyberGhost VPN is available on the Roku Channel Store and you can install it directly on your device. With CyberGhost VPN on your Roku, you can access geo-restricted content while securing your privacy. It offers four protocols: OpenVPN, L2TP/ IPSec, IKEv2/ IPSec, and PPTP. CyberGhost is one of the top picks for secure streaming across the world. In this article, we can discuss how to install CyberGhost VPN on your Firestick.
Highlights of CyberGhost VPN
- The VPN has 6486 servers across 90 countries.
- CyberGhost VPN can bypass geo-restrictions in streaming platforms like Netflix, Hulu, Prime Video, and BBC iPlayer.
- In CyberGhost VPN, you can find servers that are specialized for torrenting. These servers have an extra layer of protection.
- With one subscription, you can connect up to 7 devices.
- The VPN offers a 45-day money-back guarantee policy.
Let’s see the new updates in the latest CyberGhost VPN version 184.108.40.2063.
- Offers an improved interface.
- Get an optimized selection of servers.
- Removed bugs and errors.
- Enjoy well-improved app performance.
- Get complete digital privacy for all your data.
CyberGhost VPN Pricing
CyberGhost VPN has four subscription plans with a free trial for a day.
- 1 month – $12.99 per month (14-day money-back guarantee)
- 6 Months – $6.99 per month (45-day money-back guarantee)
- 2 Year + 2 Months – $2.19 per month (45-day money-back guarantee)
If you choose a long-term plan, you can save per month subscription costs by a big margin. In addition to that, a dedicated IP add-on is also available. With this, you can get your unique IP, yours until the CyberGhost VPN subscription. The dedicated IP add-on costs $5 per month.
How to Install CyberGhost VPN for Firestick
CyberGhost VPN is available on the Amazon App Store, and you don’t have to use any third-party installers to install the VPN.
Quick Start Guide: On your Fire TV Home, click Find > Click Search > Search for CyberGhost VPN > Select the app > Click Get / Download > Click Open to launch.
1. Click on Find > Search from the Firestick Home screen.
2. The on-screen keyboard will appear. Type CyberGhost VPN and search for it.
3. The VPN will appear on the Apps & Games category. Select the CyberGhost VPN.
4. On the next screen, click the Get or Download icon to download the VPN.
5. After the VPN is downloaded, click the Open icon to open the CyberGhost VPN instantly.
How to Activate & Use CyberGhost VPN on Firestick
1. Launch the CyberGhost VPN app for Firestick.
2. Now, you can see a 4-digit code on the screen. Note it down.
3. Now visit this link cgvpn.info/link on any browser on your phone/PC and enter the below code.
4. Enter your subscription account details and click on Log In.
5. Click on My Devices from the left pane, and from the drop-down list, select Smart TV.
6. Select the Connect to your Fire TV option.
7. Enter the four-digit PIN and click on the Save button.
8. Now click Validate PIN to log in to your CyberGhost account.
Note: You can log in to your account if you are an existing user. Otherwise, you need to sign up for a new account to use Cyberghost on Firestick.
9. Then, go to the CyberGhost VPN app and select the Validate PIN button.
10. Now, you have successfully activated CyberGhost VPN on Firestick.
How to Sideload CyberGhost VPN on Firestick
With the Downloader app available on the Amazon App Store, you can sideload the CyberGhost VPN on Firestick.
NOTE: Go to Settings > My Fire TV > Developer options > Apps from Unknown Sources. Turn on the Apps from Unknown Sources.
1. Go to your Fire TV’s home and select Find.
2. Then, select the Search tile.
3. Use the virtual keyboard to enter and search for the Downloader.
4. Choose the Downloader app from the search results.
5. Click on the Download button.
6. Now, you have installed the Downloader app on Firestick.
7. After installing the Downloader app, select the Open button.
8. Next, enter the download link of the CyberGhost VPN in the URL box.
9. Select the Go button to download the CyberGhost VPN app.
10. After downloading the CyberGhost VPN app, select the Install button.
11. After the installation, you need to follow up on the activation process.
12. After activating the CyberGhost VPN, launch it.
13. Select the All Countries tab from the upper left corner.
Now, you can either search or select the VPN Server location to connect to the CyberGhost VPN on Firestick.
Why is CyberGhost VPN not working on Firestick?
We have listed some troubleshooting to fix the CyberGhost VPN that is not working on Fire TV.
- First, check whether you are using the latest version of the CyberGhost app. If not, update the latest version.
- Make sure you are running your Firestick with a proper internet connection.
- If CyberGhost is not connecting with Netflix, Amazon Prime, or any other streaming service, change the protocol or the server location and try again.
- You can also try other basic Firestick fixes like restarting, updating the latest Firmware, and resetting Firestick.
CyberGhost VPN Alternatives
If the CyberGhost VPN doesn’t meet your expectations, switch to any of these alternatives after using the free trial.
NordVPN is the best VPN service that provides high speed, unique security tools, streaming & torrenting capabilities, and advanced web browsing tools. It uses NordLynx tunneling protocols for high-speed connectivity. Also, it offers advanced encryption and a no-log policy for anonymous usage & safety of personal information. In Firestick, you can use this VPN to bypass the geo-restriction of the streaming services or any other content.
IPVanish VPN is a safe and reliable VPN service with a vast collection of server locations and better customisability options. It provides advanced security features and tunneling protocols like IKEv2, L2TP, PPTP, WireGuard, etc. Further, IPVanish gives access to 2200 virtual servers across 75 countries with unlimited simultaneous connection. In addition, you can stream geo-restricted streaming services or content on your Firestick and support torrenting features.
TunnelBear VPN is a reliable VPN service with 3000 servers in 48 countries worldwide. It provides standard security features and advanced encryption to protect the user. It unblocks various geo-restricted content while streaming it on Firestick. Also, it has better performance in gaming and torrenting with an independently audited no-logs policy for the privacy of the user. Instead, it has unique features like Encrypted Server Name Indicator, GhostBear, SpliBear, TunnelBear Blocker, and more.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, CyberGhost VPN requires a subscription to access the VPN on Firestick.
Yes, you can use CyberGhost VPN for streaming services like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, Disney+, etc.
If the CyberGhost VPN is not connecting on Firestick, it may be due to an unstable or poor network connection.