Hotspot Shield VPN is one of the best freemium VPNs for Firestick. Many tech experts praise the VPN as it is one of the faster of all. If you are a streaming platform user and use your Firestick for gaming purposes, Hotspot Shield VPN is the best choice. The VPN can easily unblock Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, and other streaming platforms easily. This guide will explain how to install the Hotspot Shield VPN for Firestick and its highlights.
Highlights of Hotspot Shield VPN
Here are the benefits of using this VPN:
- The VPN has servers in more than 80 countries around the world. However, you will get only one USA server in the free version.
- With one subscription, you can use the VPN on up to 5 devices.
- With a subscription, you can also get access to 1Password – A secured tool for all your usernames and passwords.
- The VPN has the Robo Shield, which will block all the spam calls on your smartphone.
- The VPN uses AES256-bit encryption which is the most robust encryption protocol.
Hotspot Shield VPN Pricing
Hotspot Shield VPN has two plans. Free plan and Premium. In the free plan, you will get 500 MB per day, download speed up to 2 MBPS, and have access to only one US server. The free plan is for secure and private browsing.
The Premium plans cost $95.99 for one year. You will get unlimited data, servers in 80+ countries that can bypass Netflix and other streaming platforms, 1Password, Robo Shield, Identity Guard, and 24/7 customer support. This plan is for secure browsing, gaming, and binge-watching. The plan has a 45-day money-back guarantee policy.
How to Install Hotspot Shield VPN for Firestick?
Hotspot Shield VPN is available on the Amazon App Store. You can install the VPN directly without any third-party installers.
1. Click the Lens icon next to the Home icon on the Home screen.
2. The on-screen keyboard will appear.
3. Type Hotspot Shield VPN or use voice search.
4. The VPN will be listed under the Apps & Games category.
5. On the next screen, click the Get icon or Download icon.
6. The VPN will be downloaded and installed. Now, click the Open icon to launch the VPN immediately.
How to Get Hotspot Shield VPN on Fire TV via Website
If you find any trouble with getting Hotspot Shield VPN on a Firestick device, you can install it from the Amazon website without involving the sideloading method.
2. Select the Search bar and enter Hotspot Shield VPN.
3. Select the app from the search results.
4. Now, click Sign In on the right side of the page and sign in with your Amazon account credentials.
5. Once signed in, click Get the app and select your Fire TV.
6. With a few hours, the app will reflect on your Fire TV device.
How to Download Hotspot Shield VPN on Firestick using Downloader
As an alternate method, you can install Hotspot Shield VPN on Firestick through sideloading method using third-party apps like Downloader. Top Download unknown apps on Firestick, enable the Install Unknown Apps option on Firestick.
To do this, go to Settings on your Firestick > Click Fire TV > Select Developer options > Click Install Unknown Apps > Turn it on.
1. Install Downloader for Fire TV from the Amazon App Store.
2. Launch the app and allow permission to access files.
3. Enter the download link in the required field and click Go.
4. Wait till the file gets downloaded and once done, open the file and click Install.
5. Select the Install option again to confirm.
6. After the installation click Done and click Open to launch the app.
How to Use Hotspot Shield VPN on Firestick
1. Launch the app from the Apps & Games section on your Firestick.
2. The login page will appear. You can either scan the QR code using your phone or log in to your browser with the link provided.
3. Thus the Hotspot Shield will be activated and the main screen will open.
4. Now, select the location and the server that your wish to connect to.
5. Once connected, minimize the screen and start streaming anything with complete protection on your Firestick device.
If the Premium plan of Hotspot Shield VPN is not enough for you, cancel the plan within 45 days to get a refund and try these alternatives.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, both the free and premium plans work on Firestick except on 1st Gen Fire TV.
You can use VPNs on any of your smart devices. But it is against the Terms & Conditions of some streaming platforms like Netflix, YouTube TV, and Hulu.
To stream the geo-restricted content on Amazon Prime Video, Netflix, Disney+, Hulu, or others, connect HSS VPN to the other location server that has more content and minimize the screen. Then, open the app and start streaming all the content on it.
Yes, Hotspot Shield VPN is one of the decent free VPNs for Firestick.
Yes, you can access Hotspot Shield VPN for free.