Hotspot Shield VPN is one of the best freemium VPNs for Firestick. The VPN is praised by many tech experts and it is one of the fastest VPN too. If you are streaming platform user and use your Firestick for gaming purposes, Hotspot Shield VPN is the best choice for you. The VPN can unblock Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, and other streaming platforms easily. This guide will explain to you how to install the Hotspot Shield VPN for Firestick and its highlights.
Highlights of Hotspot Shield VPN
Here are the benefits of using this VPN:
- The VPN has servers in more than 80 countries around the world. In the Free version, you will get only one USA server.
- With one subscription, you can use the VPN on up to 5 devices.
- With a subscription, you can also get access to 1Password – A secured tool for all your usernames and passwords.
- The VPN has the Robo Shield, it will block all the spam calls on your smartphone.
- The VPN uses AES256-bit encryption which is the strongest encryption protocol.
Hotspot Shield VPN Pricing
Hotspot Shield VPN has two plans. Free plan and Premium. In the free plan, you will get 500 MB per day, download speed up to 2 MBPS, have access to only one US server. The free plan is for secure and private browsing.
The Premium plans cost $95.99 for one year. In this, you will get unlimited data, servers in 80+ countries can bypass Netflix and other streaming platforms, 1Password, Robo Shield, Identity Guard, and 24/7 customer support. This plan is for secure browsing, gaming, and binge-watching. The plan has a 45-day money-back guarantee policy.
How to Install Hotspot Shield VPN for Firestick?
Hotspot Shield VPN is available on the Amazon App Store. You can install the VPN directly without any third-party installers.
1. Click the Lens icon next to the Home icon on the Home screen.
2. The on-screen keyboard will appear.
3. Type Hotspot Shield VPN or use voice search.
4. The VPN will be listed under the Apps & Games category.
5. On the next screen, click the Get icon or Download icon.
6. The VPN will be downloaded and installed. Now, click the Open icon to launch the VPN immediately.
7. The login page will appear. You can either scan the QR code using your phone or login to your browser with the link provided.
If the Premium plan of Hotspot Shield VPN is not enough for you, cancel the plan within 45 days to get the refund and try these alternatives.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does Hotspot Shield VPN work on Firestick?
Yes, both the free and premium plan work on Firestick except on 1st Gen Fire TV.
2. Is it illegal to use a VPN?
You can use VPNs on any of your smart devices. But it is against the Terms & Conditions of some streaming platforms like Netflix, YouTube TV, and Hulu.
3. How do I know if my Firestick VPN is working?
Check our guide on how to check if VPN is working on Firestick or you can use Google’s Find My IP URL, https://bit.ly/2YPVl8u.