iON VPN is one of the fewest VPN that is available for free. The app is available for both Android and iOS devices. Since the Firestick’s Fire OS is very similar to Android OS, you can install the iON VPN on Firestick without any issues. iON VPN is a basic VPN that can protect your personal information while browsing with minimal security. If you rarely use your Firestick for browsing purposes, iON VPN is the perfect VPN for you.
Highlights of iON VPN
- The VPN has servers in more than 30 locations around the world.
- You can connect to the VPN with a single click.
- The VPN is available for free without any data limitations.
- Being the basic VPN, it won’t affect the download and upload speed by a bigger margin.
- iON VPN is the simplest VPN for Firestick.
iON VPN Pricing
As we mentioned earlier, iON VPN is available for free without any susbcriptions.
How to Install iON VPN on Firestick?
iON VPN is not available on the Amazon App Store. You need to use any third-party installers. Use the Downloader app as it is the best third-party installer. To install apps using third-party installers, you need to turn on Apps from Unknown Sources. Follow the below command from the home screen.
Settings –> My Fire TV –> Developer Options –> Apps from Unknown Sources –> Turn On
1. Select the Lens icon. if you have Downloader app, go to step 6.
2. Type Downloader on the on-screen keyboard and search for it.
3. Select the Downloader app from the Apps & Games section.
4. Click the Download icon or Get icon.
5. After the app is installed, click the Open button to launch the Downloader app.
6. Click on the Search bar and type the iON VPN’s download link https://bit.ly/2ZdtksJ. Click the Go button to proceed further
7. Then, click the Install button to download and install the VPN.
8. Click Done and Delete to delete the apk file.
9. The iON VPN will be available on the Apps section. Open the VPN and start using it on your Firestick.
If you need a more powerful VPN for your Firestick, try the below alternatives.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I know if my Firestick VPN is working?
Read our guide on how to check if VPN is working on Firestick or not. Open browser and Google “What is my IP?” to check your IP address.
2. What VPN works with Amazon Fire Stick?
Most VPNs will work on all the Fire TV and Firestick devices except for the 1st Fire TV device.
3. Will a VPN make my Firestick faster?
No, due to the change in virtual location, your download and upload speed will be reduced.