Vimeo is one of the famous video streaming applications like YouTube. It is a subscription-based service to stream videos without any interruption of ads. It lets you enjoy watching your favorite videos, films, series, and more. You are allowed to purchase or rent the videos you like. It is compatible with popular devices, and Firestick isn’t an exception. You can stream Vimeo on big screens using Firestick and enjoy it with your family and friends. For endless and buffer-free streaming of Vimeo content, you can use your Firestick with a trusted VPN.
Highlights of Vimeo
- Vimeo provides videos in HD quality up to 1080p.
- It has got an extremely large and gorgeous ad-free content library.
- You can add your favorite videos to the Watch Later queue.
- This app allows you to follow your favorite channels, creators, and so on.
- It releases regular updates so that you can discover new videos easily.
- The videos are categorized into different genres, like travel, anime, etc.
- You can share your favorite video on other social platforms.
Pricing of Vimeo
Vimeo has three types of plans for all its users and a free trial option for 30 days.
- 60 videos.
- Unlimited screen recording.
- Basic templates for video creation.
- A tool kit to help you make, manage, and share videos.
- 120 videos.
- Unlimited screen recording.
- Premium templates for video creation.
- More video marketing and customization features.
- 240 videos.
- Unlimited screen recording, virtual events & webinars.
- Premium templates are used.
- Live streaming, virtual events, and marketing integrations.
How to Create a Vimeo account
It is very quick and easy to create a Vimeo account. Follow the below to create a Vimeo account.
1. Visit the official site of the Vimeo account on any web browser of your choice.
2. Hit the Join for Free option.
3. Provide the necessary information like name, email address, and password, to create the Vimeo account.
4. Follow the instruction sent to your inbox to complete the account creation procedure.
Note- You can upload a Photo or Logo in the format 600 * 660 px, and you can upload a Cover Video that will automatically play at the top of the video recommended size 1920 * 540 px.
How to Install Vimeo on Firestick
The Amazon App Store officially offers the Vimeo app, so the installation becomes easier.
1. Connect your Firestick device to the TV, and you will get the Homepage.
2. Navigate to the Search icon at the top left corner.
3. Search for Vimeo and pick the app from the search result.
4. Tap the Get/Download button, and the app installs.
5. Hit the Open button once the installation is done.
How to Activate Vimeo Account on Fire TV
Once you have installed the application on your Firestick device, you need to activate your account to use the application. Follow the below steps to activate the Vimeo account.
1. Open the Vimeo Application under the apps & channels section.
2. Login with your account credentials, and an Activation Code will appear on the TV screen note it down.
3. Using your mobile/PC visit Vimeo Activation Page and login into your account.
4. Enter the activation code in the necessary field which you have noted down.
5. Choose Connect device and wait for a few seconds, your TV app will reload, and you will be logged in to your account.
How to Stream Vimeo on Firestick using Amazon Silk Browser
You can stream the Vimeo app using any web browser available on your Firestick. Amazon Silk Browser is pre-installed in most Firestick devices, if you are using an older model of the Firestick/Fire TV device, then install the Silk Browser on Firestick.
1. Launch the Firestick, and click on the Find option.
2. Select the Search option under the find tile.
3. Using the on-screen keyboard, type the Silk Browser and select the name from the suggestion shown.
4. Under the apps & games field, choose the Silk Browser icon.
5. Choose the Download option present on the app’s description page.
6. Hit the open option once the file is successfully downloaded on the Firestick device.
7. If you are using the Silk Browser for the first time, a pop-up will appear on the screen to accept its terms & conditions. Hit the Accept terms option present in orange color on the pop-up window.
8. On the Silk Browser app interface search box is available on top of the screen type https://vimeo.com/ and choose the Go option.
9. Click on the Login option available at the top of the screen and provide the necessary login credentials and enjoy watching Vimeo on your Firestick device.
Best VPNs for Vimeo
How to Stream Vimeo on Firestick using a VPN
ExpressVPN is a highly recommended VPN to stream Vimeo on Firestick.
1. Download and install the ExpressVPN app on your Firestick device.
2. Open the ExpressVPN app and Sign-in with the login credentials.
3. Choose a region and click the Connect icon.
4. Head over to the Vimeo app, and the homepage will appear.
5. Select any video and start streaming on the Firestick.
It is free to download the Vimeo app on various devices like Android, iOS, Firestick, and more. Yet, it is a subscription-based service to stream content.
Vimeo is the best video streaming platform, and it is also good for live streaming when creators upload their live streams.
Vimeo mainly provides two membership plans, monthly and annual plans. If you want to know the price details, refer to the above section.