If you consider all the VPNs available for Firestick, you can list a lot of free and paid VPNs. You may wonder about getting a paid VPN when you have free VPNs. But not all free VPNs protect your personal information like your IP and your location. Some free VPNs may be out of maintenance and will work without any protection. In paid VPNs, there are some situations where the VPN is not working due to some technical difficulties. In those times, you need to check if the VPN is working on Firestick or not. For your question, we will give you the answer.
Prior things to be done
Before getting into the verification process, you need to set some things on your Firestick.
- Download Mozilla Firefox Browser on Firestick.
- Connect to the VPN that you are installed on Firestick.
- Make sure that your Firestick is getting a constant internet connection.
Fire TV 1st Generation
No matter how powerful your VPN is, it won’t protect your IP and location on a Fire TV’s 1st Generation device. If you carry out the verification process mentioned in the article on your 1st Gen device, you will get your home location and personal IP. The fact is that you can’t use a VPN connection on 1st Gen Fire TV. Many VPNs will claim it will work on the 1st Gen device, but that is a lie.
If you are using 1st Gen device, buy any new Amazon streaming devices.
How to Install Mozilla Firefox on Firestick
Go to the next section, if you have Mozilla Firefox on your Firestick. If you don’t, follow the below steps to install the browser on Firestick/ You can also check whether the VPN is working on Firestick or not with the Silk browser, but sometimes the Silk browser won’t respond while VPN is connected.
1. Click the Find title next to the Home icon on the Home screen and select the Search option.
2. Using the on-screen keyboard, type Firefox and search for it.
3. Select the Firefox browser in the Apps & Games section.
4. On the next screen, click the Get or Download icon to download the browser.
5. Wait for the download to complete.
6. Now, click the Open icon to open the Firefox on your Firestick.
How to Check if VPN is Working on Firestick?
First, install a VPN on Firestick and follow the steps below to check whether a VPN is connected or not:
1. Open the Firefox browser on your Firestick.
2. For the first time, it will ask for Turbo Mode enabling or disabling. Choose whatever you want.
3. Now, on the Search or enter address bar, type the link iplookup.flagfox.net and search for it.
4. On the webpage, if it displays the location before your VPN connection, then the VPN is protecting your location.
5. Check the IP address. If it shows the spoof one, then the VPN is safer to use.
6. If your VPN fails on steps 4 & 5, you need to change your VPN service provider.
Best VPNs for Firestick
If you want your VPN to protect your location and IP address, use powerful VPNs. The free VPNs will at least fail in steps 4 & 5. instead, we suggest you go for premium VPNs.
We conducted the verification process on these three VPNs. As a result, all three are protecting the IP and location with ease.
What to do if VPN is Not Working on Firestick
VPN may not work on your Firestick due to several reasons. Here are some fixes that you can do yourself
- Make sure that you have connected your Firestick with a stable Wi-Fi connection.
- Uninstall and reinstall the application.
- Restart your Firestick and Wi-Fi router.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, VPN is necessary to stream with complete security and protection on your Firestick.
Use the same process mentioned above. You can also search “What is my IP?” on Google using any browser.
Free VPNs like Atom VPN and Turbo VPN are available for Firestick, but those are not powerful enough to protect your IP and geolocation.
It is impossible to track you if you use powerful and premium-level VPNs. So, use any of the best VPNs for Firestick mentioned above to remain safe.