If you consider all the VPNs that are available for Firestick, you can list a lot of free and paid VPNs. You may wonder what is the point of getting a paid VPN when you have free VPNs. But not all the free VPNs are protecting your personal information like your IP and your location. Some of the free VPNs may be out of maintenance and will work without any protection. In paid VPNs, there are some situations that the VPN is not working due to some technical difficulties. In those times, you need to check if the VPN is working on Firestick or not. For your question, we will give you the answer.
Prior things to be done
Before getting into the verification process, you need to set some things on your Firestick.
- Download Mozilla Firefox Browser on Firestick.
- Connect to the VPN that you are installed on Firestick.
- Make sure that your Firestick is getting a constant internet connection.
Fire TV 1st Generation
No matter how powerful your VPN is, it won’t protect your IP and location on Fire TV 1st Generation device. If you carry out the verification process mentioned in the article on your 1st Gen device, you will get your home location and your personal IP. The fact is that you can’t use a VPN connection on 1st Gen Fire TV. Many VPNs will claim that it will work on the 1st Gen device, that is a lie.
If you are using 1st Gen device, buy any new Amazon streaming devices.
Guide to Install Mozilla Firefox on Firestick
If you have Mozilla Firefox on your Firestick, go to the next section. If you don\t, follow the below steps to install the browser on Firestick/ You can also check the VPN is working on Firestick or not with the Silk browser, but sometimes the Silk browser won’t respond while VPN is connected.
1. Click the Lens icon next to the Home icon on the Home screen.
2. Using the on-screen keyboard, type Firefox and search for it.
3. Select the Firefox browser on the Apps & Games section.
4. On the next screen, click the Get icon to download the browser. If the Download icon appears instead of Get icon, click the Download icon.
5. Wait for the download to complete.
6. Now, click the Open icon to open the Firefox on your Firestick.
How to Check if VPN is Working on Firestick?
First, install a VPN on Firestick and follow the steps below to check whether a VPN is connected or not:
1. Open the Firefox browser on your Firestick.
2. For the first time, it will ask for Turbo Mode enabling or disabling. Choose whatever you want.
3. Now, on the Search or enter address bar, type the link iplookup.flagfox.net and search for it.
4. On the webpage, if it displays the location prior to your VPN connection, then the VPN is protection your location.
5. Check the IP address. if it is showing the spoof one, then the VPN is safer to use.
6. If your VPN fails on both steps 4 & 5, you need to change your VPN service provider.
Best VPNs for Firestick
If you want your VPN to protect your location and IP address, use powerful VPNs. The free VPNs will at least fail in any one of steps 4 & 5. We suggest you go for premium VPNs.
We conducted the verification process on these three VPNs. All three are protecting the IP and location with ease.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I know if my Firestick VPN is working?
Use the same process mentioned above. You can also search “What is my IP?” on Google using any browser.
2. Is there a free VPN for Firestick?
Free VPN is available for Firestick, but those are not powerful enough to protect your IP and geolocation. VPNs like Atom VPN, Turbo VPN are available for free.
3. Can you be tracked if you use VPN?
If you use powerful and premium level VPNs, it is impossible to track you. Use any of the best VPNs for Firestick mentioned above.