Astrill VPN is one of the best VPNs for Firestick and uses the OpenVPN and OpenWen protocol. So, you can see that the encryption level is equal to 256-bit AES type encryption. And you can also use this VPN application for free, but you can only connect to VPN servers like North America and Europe VPN servers. Also, you can try Astrill VPN’s premium service that offers a 7-day free trial. At the same time, you can contact customer service 24/7. So, in this article, let us discover how to install Astrill VPN on Firestick.
Highlights of Astrill VPN
- The VPN has servers in 113 locations across 62 countries.
- With the Smart mode, the VPN will pick the fastest server based on your location.
- Like all the other VPNs, it also has the Kill switch feature.
- By using Port Forwarding, you can any server on any device. It has selected servers for Port forwarding.
- The VPN has different kinds of protocols like OpenWeb, StealthVPN, Wireguard, OpenVPN, IPSec, PPTP, and SSTP.
Astrill VPN Pricing
Astrill VPN three subscription plans with a free trial for 7-days. It doesn’t have any money-back policy.
- 1 Month Plan – $25.00 per month,
- Six month Plan ($16.67 per month) – $100.00
- One year Plan ($10.00 per month) – $150
When compared to other VPNs like NordVPN and ExpressVPN, Astrill VPN is quite overpriced. Apart from these subscriptions, it also has add-ons like Private IPs, VIP servers, etc. It also offers business plans too. The VPN is also available for free but with only two servers.
How to Install Astrill VPN on Firestick?
Astrill VPN is not available on the Amazon App Store, and you need to use any of the third-party installers. Therefore, we are going to use the Downloader app.
Preparing Firestick to install Astrill VPN
If you want to install apps from a third-party source, you need to turn on the Apps from Unknown Sources feature. Then, follow the below commands from the Firestick Home screen.
Settings –> My Fire TV or Devices –> Developer Options –> Apps from Unknown Sources –> Turn On.
1. Select the Find tab and then choose the Search option.
2. Type Downloader using the on-screen keyboard.
3. Choose the Downloader app on the Apps & Games tab.
4. Tap the Download icon to download the app.
5. Click the Open icon to launch the app instantly.
6. Now, go to the Search bar and type the Astrill VPN’s download link https://bit.ly/3Iwc19M. Click the Go button.
7. After downloading the APK File, click the Install button to install the VPN.
8. When the VPN is downloaded, click the Done button and Delete button to delete the apk file.
9. The Astrill VPN will be available in the Apps section. Open the VPN and sign in with the subscribed account.
How to Install Astrill VPN on Firestick using ES File Explorer
With the built-in Downloader feature on the ES File Explorer, you can easily install the Astrill VPN on Firestick. So, you can follow the steps below to do the same.
1. Click the Find tab from your Fire TV home.
2. Choose the Search tile.
3. Enter Astrill VPN using the virtual keyboard and search for the app.
4. Pick the ES File Explorer app from the Apps & Games category.
5. Click on the Download button.
6. Now, the ES File Explorer will automatically download and install on Firestick.
7. Next, select the Open button to launch ES File Explorer.
8. Choose the Downloader from the home screen.
9. Click on the + New button from the bottom.
10. Enter the URL of the APK File of the Astrill VPN https://bit.ly/3Iwc19M on the Path field.
11. In the Name field, enter the name of the APK File.
12. Click on the Download Now button.
13. Now, the Apk file’s download will start.
14. After the APK File is downloaded, click on the Open File button.
15. Next, click on the Install button.
16. Finally, you have installed the Astrill VPN on Firestick.
17. After installing the Astrill VPN app, select the Open button.
18. Login to your account, choose a VPN server location and connect to Astrill VPN.
Astrill VPN Alternatives
If you think that the Astrill VPN is overpriced and won’t satisfy your expectations, try these alternatives.
Frequently Asked Questions
The VPN is available for free but with limited features. For example, you can access only two servers in the free version.
Astrill VPN is based in Seychelles, which is not on the list of 14-eye countries. So, the VPN is completely safe and secure.