Astrill VPN is one of the powerful VPNs available right now. The VPN is available for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, and Linux platforms. It is a premium quality VPN like NordVPN and ExpressVPN. Installing Astrill VPN on Firestick will give you absolute anonymity while browsing and give access to geo-restricted content. If you want to stream geo-restricted video content on Firestick, Astrill VPN is a good choice for you.
Highlights of Astrill VPN
- The VPN has servers in 113 locations across 62 countries.
- With the Smart mode, the VPN will pick the fastest server based on your location.
- Like all the other VPNs, it also has the Kill switch feature.
- By using Port Forwarding, you can any server on any device. It has selected servers for Port forwarding.
- The VPN has different kinds of protocols like OpenWeb, StealthVPN, Wireguard, OpenVPN, IPSec, PPTP, and SSTP.
Astrill VPN Pricing
Astrill VPN three subscription plans with a free trial for 7-days. It doesn’t have any money-back policy.
- $20.00 per month,
- $90.00 for six months ($15.00 er month),
- $120 for a year ($10.00 per month)
When compared to other VPN like NordVPN and ExpressVPN, Astrill VPN is quite overpriced. Apart from these subscriptions, it also has add-ons like Private IPs, VIP servers, and more. It also offers business plans too. The VPN is also available for free but with only two servers.
How to Install Astrill VPN on Firestick?
Astrill VPN is not available on the Amazon App Store, you need to use any of the third-party installers. We are going to use the Downloader app.
Preparing Firestick to install Astrill VPN
If you want to install apps from a third-party source, you need to turn on Apps from Unknown Sources feature. Follow the below commands from the Firestick Home screen.
Settings –> My Fire TV or Devices –> Developer Options –> Apps from Unknown Sources –> Turn On.
1. Select the Lens icon on the home screen. if you have Downloader app, skip to step 6.
2. Type Downloader using the on-screen keyboard.
3. Choose the Downloader app on the Apps & Games tab.
4. Tap the Download icon to download the app.
5. Click the Open icon to launch the app instantly.
6. Now, go to the Search bar and type the Astrill VPN’s download link https://bit.ly/3hyXq0R. Click the Go button.
7. Click the Install button to install the VPN.
8. When the VPN is downloaded, click the Done button and Delete button to delete the apk file.
9. The Astrill VPN will be available on the Apps section. Open the VPN and sign in with the subscribed account.
Astrill VPN Alternatives
If you think that the Astrill VPN is overpriced and won’t satisfy your expectations, try these alternatives.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Astrill VPN free?
The VPN is available for free but with limited features. In the free version, you can access only two servers.
Is Astrill VPN safe?
Astrill VPN is based on Seychelles which is not on the list of 14-eye countries. So, the VPN is completely safe and secure.
Does Astrill VPN work with Netflix?
Yes, it can unblock Netflix US contents but not all the country access.