Amazon Firestick is one of the best streaming devices available. It can be used for both streaming and browsing purposes. While browsing on Firestick, it is better to install a VPN on Firestick. When you are browsing, the chances are higher than your private data can be exposed. In addition to that, by using a VPN, you can also access contents that are restricted to your geo-locations. To have these privileges, you need to how to install a VPN on Firestick.
Methods to Install a VPN on Firestick
There are two ways to install a VPN on Firestick.
- Using the Amazon App Store
- Using third-party installers
Method 1: How to Install a VPN on Firestick using the Amazon App Store
Amazon Firestick/Fire TV devices are integrated with the Amazon App Store. You can directly install any apps, VPNs, or games from the store. You just need to search with the correct name.
1. On the Firestick/Fire TV home screen, click the Lens icon.
2. The on-screen keyboard will appear. Type the name of the VPN that you want to install. In our case, we are going to install NordVPN on Firestick.
3. Most of the VPNs will be listed on the Apps & Games category. Choose the VPN.
4. On the next screen, a small description of the VPN will be displayed. Next to that, the Download icon will appear. Click on it.
5. Now, the VPN will start to download. When it is downloaded, it will proceed to the installation process automatically.
6. Once the download and installation processes are completed, you will see the Open icon. Click the Open icon to launch the VPN instantly.
7. Login with the subscribed account, connect to the available server and start browsing without exposing your personal information.
Method 2: Guide to Install a VPN on Firestick using Third-party installers
Using Third-party installers is a way of downloading the VPN’s apk file and installing it manually. It is the same as downloading the apk files on smartphones. Some VPNs won’t be available on the Amazon App Store. In that case, you will use third-party installers to install a VPN on Firestick.
As of now, Downloader is the best third-party app to install apps, VPNs, and games on Firestick. The Downloader app is available on the Amazon App Store. With the Downloader app, you can download and install any apk file from the internet.
Preparing your Firestick to Install a VPN on Firestick
Whenever you use third-party installers, you need to make some changes in the Firestick settings. You have to turn on Apps from Unknown Sources to allow third-party apps and websites to install apps on Firestick. Do the below-mentioned command from the Firestick home screen.
Settings –> My Fire TV or Devices –> Developer Options –> Apps from Unknown Sources –> Turn On.
1. After you changed the Settings, go to the Home screen and click the Lens icon.
2. Search for the Downloader app.
3. Select the Downloader app on the next screen.
4. Click the Get or Download icon followed by the Open icon.
5. Now, go to the Search bar and type the VPN’s download link. You can get the download link from the Play Store clone websites like APKPure and APKMirror.
6. After the download link is specified, click the OK button.
7. Now, click Download and Install on the subsequent screens to install the VPN.
8. Once the VPN is installed, click the Done and Delete button to delete the APK file. The VPN will be available on the Apps section. Open the VPN and browse with complete anonymity.
Best VPNs for Firestick
There are plenty of VPNs available on the Amazon App Store as well as APK files. Choosing the best VPN for Firestick would be a tougher task for you. We picked the best five VPNs for Firestick.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do I need a VPN for Firestick?
If you use your Firestick for torrenting, you need a VPN. It is a precautionary measure to install a VPN on Firestick.
2. Can I use VPN on Firestick?
You can install and use a VPN on any Firestick device except 1st Gen Fire TV devices.
3. How can I tell if my VPN is working on my Firestick?
Use Google’s Find my IP URL. https://bit.ly/2YPVl8u. If it displays your original IP, then the VPN is not working.