Shiledsurf is one of the newest VPN listed on the Play Store and Amazon App Store. The app was launched in November 2019. It is one of the basic VPNs available for Firestick. Shieldsurf Vpn is only recommended for users who use their Firestick for browsing rarely. The Vpn is available for free and offers only minimum protection like Ultrasurf VPN. Install the Shiledsurf Vpn for Firestick only if you want basic protection.
Highlights of Shieldsurf VPN
- Shieldsurf Vpn is available for free without any limitations.
- You can connect to the VPN with a single click.
- To use the VPN, you don’t need to submit any of your information. Just install the VPN and start using it.
- The VPN is one of the lightweight VPN for Firestick, consumes only 11 MB.
- Because of basic protection, you will get higher download speeds.
Though the Shieldsurf Vpn is available on the Amazon App Store, you can’t install the VPN without any third-party installers. The VPN is only meant for Android smartphones and can be installed on Android 4.1 & above OSes. The Firestick OS can run Android apps upto 9.0. So, using third-party instalers, you can install and run the Shieldsurf Vpn for Firestick.
Guide to Install Shieldsurf VPN for Firestick
Use the Downlaoder app to install the Shieldsurf Vpn for Firestick. it is the best third-party installer for Firestick to install apps that are not available on the Amazon App Store.
Before that, turn on the Apps from Unknown Sources feature to allow the Firestick to install apps from third-party installers.
Settings –> My Fire TV –> Developer Options –> Apps from Unknown Sources –> Turn On
1. After that, go to the home screen and click the Lens icon.
2. The on-screen keyboard wil appear. Type Downloader and search for it.
3. Select the Downloader app from the Apps & Games category.
4. Click the Download icon or Get icon to install the Downloader app.
5. Click the Open icon to open the Downloader app instantly.
6. Go to the Search bar and type the SurfEasy VPN’s download link https://bit.ly/30OHOik. Click on the Go button.
7. Click the Install button to install the Shiedsurf Vpn.
8. Then, click the Done button followed by the Delete button to delete the apk file.
9. Now, open the Shiledsurf Vpn from the Apps section and start using the VPN.
Shieldsurf VPN Alternatives
If you need a VPN with advanced security features, Shieldsurf VPN is not the right choice for you. Try the below alternatives.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I know if my Firestick VPN is working?
Use our guide on how to check if VPN is working on Firestick. You can also use Google’s find my IP URL, https://bit.ly/2YPVl8u.
2. What VPN works with Amazon Fire Stick?
All the VPNs installed from the Amazon App Store and from the Downloader app will work on Firestick. But none of the VPNs will work on 1st Gen Fire TV.