Shiledsurf is one of the newest VPNs on the Play Store and Amazon App Store. The app was launched in November 2019. It is one of the basic VPNs available for Firestick. Shieldsurf VPN is only recommended for users who use their Firestick for browsing rarely, as it offers only minimal protection like Ultrasurf VPN. Moreover, it is completely free to install and use. If you want basic protection, you can install the Shiledsurf VPN for Firestick.
Highlights of Shieldsurf VPN
- Shieldsurf VPN is available for free without any limitations.
- It requires no subscription or sign-ups.
- You can connect to the VPN with a single click.
- To use the VPN, you don’t need to submit any of your information. Just install the VPN and start using it.
- The VPN is one of the lightweight VPNs for Firestick, consuming only 11 MB.
- Because of basic protection, you will get higher download speeds.
- You can also use it for gaming, as it offers low-ping servers.
How to Download Shieldsurf VPN on Firestick
Shieldsurf VPN is natively available n the Amazon App Store. Within a few minutes, you can install the Shieldsurf VPN on your Firestick device.
1. Launch your Firestick device and head to the home page.
2. Click on the Find title and select the Search option.
3. Type and search for Shieldsurf VPN using the on-screen keyboard.
4. Pick the app from the suggestions and click Get to install the app.
5. Click Open to launch the app on your device.
Note: You can also go to the Amazon webpage on your PC to get the Shieldsurf VPN app.
How to Get Shieldsurf VPN on Firestick using Downloader
If you can’t install the VPN from the Amazon App Store, you can use any third-party installers. The VPN is meant for Android smartphones and can be installed on Android 4.1 & above OSes. The Firestick OS can run Android apps upto 9.0. So, using third-party installers, you can install and run the Shieldsurf Vpn for Firestick.
Use the Downloader app to install the Shieldsurf Vpn for Firestick. It is the best third-party installer for Firestick to install apps not available on the Amazon App Store.
Before that, turn on the Apps from Unknown Sources feature to allow Firestick to install apps from third-party installers.
Settings –> My Fire TV –> Developer Options –> Apps from Unknown Sources –> Turn On
1. Afterward, go to the home screen and click the Find icon, and select Search.
2. The on-screen keyboard will appear. Type Downloader and search for it.
3. Select the Downloader app from the Apps & Games category.
4. Click the Download icon or the Get icon to install the Downloader app.
5. Click the Open icon to open the Downloader app instantly.
6. Go to the Search bar and type the SurfEasy VPN’s download link https://bit.ly/30OHOik. Click on the Go button.
7. Click the Install button to install the Shiedsurf Vpn.
8. Click the Done button and the Delete button to delete the apk file.
How to Use Shieldsurf VPN for Firestick
1. Open the Shiledsurf VPN from the Apps section.
2. You can choose any server location from the list.
3. Click Connect and start using the VPN.
4. To stop using the VPN, click the Disconnect button.
Shieldsurf VPN Alternatives
If you need a VPN with advanced security features, Shieldsurf VPN is not the right choice. Try the below alternatives.
Frequently Asked Questions
To check if VPN works on Firestick, you can use Google’s find my IP URL, https://bit.ly/2YPVl8u.
All the VPNs installed from the Amazon App Store and the Downloader app will work on Firestick. But none of the VPNs will work on 1st Gen Fire TV.