Cisco Systems are famous for its telecommunications and hardware tools around the world. Their video communication app, Cisco Webex Meetings is one of the most used conference apps by business professionals. Similar to that, Cisco has a VPN app of its own – Cisco AnyConnect. It is a completely different VPN and has complex tools when compared to other conventional VPNs. Though it is complicated, you can install the Cisco VPN on Firestick.
How Cisco AnyConnect VPN works
The working of the Cisco AnyConnect VPN is completely different. The VPN has no built-in servers and access locations. It is a business level VPN. When a user connects to the AnyConnect VPN, the VPN will be connected to an adaptive security appliance by using SSL. With the adaptive security appliance, the end-user will get the unique IP address. The unique IP address can’t be traced. The VPN is mostly used in corporate places. If you have a Fire TV in your workplace, you can use the VPN to get a secured network.
Cisco AnyConnect VPN has subscription plans based on the volume of users. All the plans are business orientated and are not recommended for individual use. Visit the website for more information.
Guide to Install Cisco AnyConnect VPN on Firestick
Cisco AnyConnect VPN is not available on the Amazon Store. Use the Downloader app, the best third-party for Firestick to install the VPN.
Preparing your Firestick to install Cisco AnyConnect VPN
To use the Downloader app to install apps, you need to make some changes in the Firestick settings. Follow the below command from the home screen.
Settings –> My Fire TV –> Developer Options –> Apps from Unknown Sources –> Turn On
1. Click the Lens icon next to the Home icon. if you have already installed the Downloader app, go to step 6.
2. Type Downloader on the on-screen keyboard. You can also use voice commands.
3. Choose the Downloader app from the list of apps.
4. Tap on the Download icon or Get icon to install the app.
5. Click the Open button to open the Downloader app instantly.
6. Go to the Search bar and type the Cisco AnyConnect VPN’s download link https://bit.ly/2ZjU1Mh. After that, click the Go button.
7. Now, click the Install button to install the VPN.
8. When the VPN is installed, click the Done button.
9. Now, click the Delete button to delete the apk file. Once the VPN is installed, you no longer need the apk file.
10. Go to the Apps section and open the Cisco AnyConnect VPN. Start using the VPN with a secured internet connection.
Cisco AnyConnect VPN Alternatives
There are no alternate VPNs for Firestick that can be used for business purposes. But if you want a VPN for personal use, these the best choice.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is Cisco AnyConnect VPN free?
No, you need to pay a subscription to use the VPN. You can install the VPN for free.
2. How much does the Cisco AnyConnect VPN cost?
The subscription starts from as low as $0.21 per user per month.
3. Is Cisco AnyConnet VPN good?
For business purposes, Cisco AnyConnect VPN is one of the best but it is not recommended for personal use.