Orbot VPN is one of the best VPNs for your Firestick powered by TOR. And TOR is a feature that directs the user’s traffic through multiple locations to protect its user’s privacy. Also, with the Orbot VPN, you can switch between proxy and VPN connections. Also, you can get the services of the Orbit VPN directly for free. At the same time, If you want the services of a free VPN on Firestick, you can refer below.
Highlights of Orbot: Tor for Android
- Though it is a proxy app, it has all the VPN features that you need.
- It has servers in 24 countries, including the USA and UK.
- The app uses the Tor network to protect your data and can never be decoded.
- You can choose the apps that need a VPN network in the Tor-Enabled Apps section.
- It is one of the easiest VPN to use on Firestick
Orbot: Tor for Android – Supported Devices
The app is available on the Google Play Store, and you can install the app on Android 4.0 and above devices. The Fire OS 5, 6, and 7 are capable of running all the Android 5.1 and above apps. So the Orbot: Tor for Android can be easily installed and used on Firestick.
Guide to Install Orbot VPN for Firestick
Orbot: Tor for Android is not available on the Amazon App Store. You need to use the Downloader app. With the Downloader app, you can install any Android app on Firestick using its download link.
Preparing your Firestick to Install Orbot: Tor for Android
By default, your Firestick device won’t allow you to install applications outside the Amazon App Store. However, you can tweak the settings to install the apps on your Firestick outside the Amazon App Store. To do the same, go to Settings –> My Fire TV –> Developer Options –> Apps from Unknown Sources –> Turn On.
1. Go to the Firestick home screen and click the Find > Search. If you have installed the Downloader app, go to step 6.
2. Using the onscreen keyboard, type Downloader and search for it.
3. Choose the Downloader app from the Apps & Games category.
4. Click the Download icon to download and install the app.
5. Now, click the Open button to launch the Downloader app.
6. Go to the Search bar and type the Orbot VPN’s download link https://bit.ly/3qmNfm1. Click the Go button.
7. Then, click the Install button to install the VPN.
8. After that, click the Done button followed by the Delete button to delete the apk file so that you can free up some space on your Fire device.
9. Go to the Apps section and open the Orbot: Tor for Andriod application.
10. Turn on the VPN mode toggle and click the Start button to use the VPN on your Firestick.
How to Install Orbot VPN on Firestick using ES File Explorer
The ES File Explorer has a built-in Downloader feature. So, you can use the app as a File Manager and as a tool to sideload applications. And below are the procedure to install ES File Explorer to get Orbot VPN on Firestick.
1. Select the Find tab from the home screen.
2. Next, select the Search tile.
3. With the virtual keyboard, enter ES File Explorer and search for it.
4. Now, you can see the ES File Explorer app below the App & Games section. Click on the ES File Explorer app.
5. Select the Get or Download button.
6. Then, the ES File Explorer app will start to download.
7. After the download is complete, click on the Open button to launch the ES File Explorer app.
8. Click on the Downloader icon from the home screen.
9. Select the + New tab from the bottom.
10. From the pop-up window, enter the URL of the APK File of the Orbot VPN app https://bit.ly/3qmNfm1.
11. Enter the Name of the APK File in the Name field.
12. Select the Download Now button.
13. Now, you can see that the APK File’s download has started.
14. Once the Orbot VPN app’s download is complete, click on the Install button.
15. After you are done with the installation, click on the Open button.
16. Follow the onscreen prompts. And once you are on the main screen, select the Start button.
17. Finally, your privacy will be protected with the Orbot VPN.
Orbot: Tor for Andriod Alternatives
If you want more free VPNs for your Firestick, use the below-mentioned VPNs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, Orbot VPN is a free VPN on Firestick.
No, the Orbot VPN app is unavailable in the Amazon App Store.
You can use the Sideloading apps like the Downloader or ES File Explorer to install the Orbot VPN on Firestick.