Orbot is a basic level VPN developed by Guardian Project. Orbot: Tor for Android is a free proxy app that is used to protect your private information while browsing. Like all the free VPNs, Orbot VPN will give you the minimum protection and is recommended for normal browsing tasks. If you rarely use the Firestick for your browsing needs, you can install the Orbot VPN.
Highlights of Orbot: Tor for Android
- Though it is a proxy app, it has all the VPN features that you need.
- It has servers in 24 countries, including the USA and UK.
- The app uses the Tor network to protect your data and can never be decoded.
- You can choose the apps that need a VPN network in the Tor-Enabled Apps section.
- It is one of the easiest VPN to use on Firestick
Orbot: Tor for Android – Supported Devices
The app is available on the Google Play Store, and you can install the app on Android 4.0 and above devices. The Fire OS 5, 6, and 7 are capable of running all the Android 5.1 and above apps. So the Orbot: Tor for Android can be easily installed and used on Firestick.
Guide to Install Orbot VPN for Firestick
Orbot: Tor for Android is not available on the Amazon App Store. You need to use the Downloader app. With the Downloader app, you can install any Android apps on Firestick using its download link.
Preparing your Firestick to Install Orbot: Tor for Android
Turn on the Apps from Unknown Sources to allow the Downloader app to install the Orbot: Tor for Android on your Firestick. Follow the below command.
Settings –> My Fire TV –> Developer Options –> Apps from Unknown Sources –> Turn On
1. Go to the Firestick home screen and click the Lens icon. If you have Downloader app, go to step 6.
2. Using the on-screen keyboard, type Downloader and search for it.
3. Choose the Downloader app from the Apps & Games category.
4. Click the Download icon to download and install the app.
5. Now, click the Open button to launch the Downloader app.
6. Go to the Search bar and type the Orbot VPN’s download link https://bit.ly/2AMrztd. Click the Go button.
7. Then, click the Install button to install the VPN.
8. After that, click the Done button followed by the Delete button to delete the apk file so that you can free up some space on your Fire device.
9. Go to the Apps section and open the Orbot: Tor for Andriod application.
10. Turn on the VPN mode toggle and click the Start button to use the VPN on your Firestick.
Orbot: Tor for Andriod Alternatives
If you want more free VPNs for your Firestick, use the below-mentioned VPNs.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is Orbot a VPN?
Orbot is a proxy app that can be used as a VPN. It is available for free.
2. Does Orbot make you anonymous?
Yes, using Orbot VPN on your Firestick will protect your private information. You can check the VPN by using our guide on how to check if VPN is working on Firestick.
3. Is Orbot VPN good?
If you want a free VPN with no ads, Orbot VPN is a good choice for you.