A VPN (Virtual Private Network) is accessed to protect yourself from online snoopers. Using a VPN, you can also access location-specific content from all over the world from wherever you are. Because you can spoof your online location using the best VPN available in the market. As long as you use the home Wi-Fi when you stream on Firestick and other devices, your privacy is not at risk. But when you use public Wi-Fi, third parties can track your online activity, which will also lead to legal issues. Sometimes using a VPN will slow down your network connection, at that time, you can turn off the VPN on your device. So go on with this guide to learn how to turn off a VPN on your Firestick.
How to Turn off VPN on Firestick
1. First, plug in the Firestick device to the HDMI port on your TV.
2. Connet your Firestick device to your home or mobile Wi-Fi network.
3. Press the home button on your Firestick remote to launch the Firestick home screen.
4. Open the VPN app using the remote control.
5. Wait till the app loads on the screen.
6. Search for the option to turn off the VPN.
7. Once found, tap the Turn off button to turn off VPN on your Firestick.
How to Disable VPN on Amazon Firestick
To remove the VPN from your Firestick, you need to uninstall the VPN app from your Firestick. Once you disable the VPN, it will be permanently removed from your Firestick.
1. Initially, connect your Firestick device to the HDMI port on your TV.
2. Make sure your Firestick is connected to your home Wi-Fi network.
3. Now, launch your Firestick home screen by pressing the Home button on your Firestick remote.
4. Tap the Settings icon on your Firestick home screen.
5. Next, select the Applications tile from the Settings menu.
6. Choose Manage Installed Applications under applications.
7. Scroll down and select the VPN app you want to disable.
8. Once you select, tap the Uninstall button to disable the VPN.
9. Next, you need to remove the app from the cloud.
10. Tap the Menu icon on the VPN app.
11. Select Remove from cloud from the menu that appears on the screen.
12. Now, the VPN will be removed permanently from the cloud.
What Happens if you don’t use a VPN on Firestick?
A VPN is used to ensure your online security and privacy. If you use your Firestick with your home Wi-Fi network, disabling the VPN is not an issue. But when it comes to a public Wi-Fi network, you need to use VPN. If you don’t use a VPN, your personal data can be hacked. The online snoopers can track your personal details, such as usernames and passwords. Further, they can also get the details of the website you visit and videos you stream and download on your device. So it is better to turn off the VPN when it is not needed instead of disabling it.
You can also clear the caches of a VPN rather than disabling it. Because clearing the caches will solve the issues with your VPN and will not let you disable the VPN on your Firestick.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, a VPN helps you to protect yourself from unnecessary tracking from third parties. So it is better to turn off the VPN instead of disabling it.
The VPN may slow down the connection because of the encryption process. So you can turn off the VPN to speed up the internet connection.
Nord VPN, IPVanish, and Express VPN are some of the best VPNs for Firestick.
Yes, VPN provides you with additional content to access from any country.
By using a VPN, you can stream securely and stop anyone from connecting to your Fire TV device.
You can disable the VPN on your Firestick to stop using Amazon Prime with VPN.