Snap VPN is a free VPN available for Firestick. The VPN holds good for people who use their Firestick for browsing purposes on rare occasions. Being the free VPN, it will give you only the basic protection, not recommended for accessing geo-restricted content and torrenting. Install the Snap VPN on Firestick if the basic protection is enough for you. Among the free VPNs, Snap VPN is one of the most used VPN on Android and Firestick devices.
Highlights of Snap VPN
- Snap VPN has more than 2000 servers and 100,00 IP addresses to choose from.
- The VPN is completely available for free without any data limitations.
- Being the basic VPN, you will get faster download and upload speeds.
- Though it is a free VPN, it can unblock geo-restrictions on Netflix and Amazon Prime but not all the time.
- The VPN is based on Singapore, which is not on the list of 14-eye countries list.
Snap VPN for Firestick
Snap VPN is not available on the Amazon App Store. The VPN is only available for Android and iOS devices. Since the Fire OS is similar to Android OS, you can install most of the Android apps on Firestick using its apk file. With the Snap VPN’s apk file, you can install the Snap VPN on Firestick easily.
Guide to Install Snap VPN on Firestick
You need to use any of the third-party installers to install the Snap VPN on Firestick. Use the Downloader app as it is the best third-party installer for Firestick.
Preparing Firestick to Install Snap VPN
Turn on the Apps from Unknown Sources feature to allow the Downloader app to install the VPN on Firestick. Follow the below command.
Settings –> My Fire TV –> Developer Options –> Apps from Unknown Sources –> Turn On
1. Now, tap on the Lens icon on the Firestick home screen. If you have the Downloader app on Firestick, go to step 6.
2. The on-screen keyboard will appear. Type Downloader and search for it.
3. Select the Downloader app under the Apps & Games category.
4. Click the Download icon to install the app.
5. Now, click the Open button to launch the Downloader app.
6. Navigate to the Search bar and type the Snap VPN’s download link https://bit.ly/2CcamKw. Then, click on the Go button.
7. Click the Install button to install the Snap VPN.
8. After the VPN is installed, click the Done button followed by the Delete button to delete the apk file.
9. Open the Snap VPN from the Apps section and start using it on your Firestick.
Snap VPN Alternatives
If you want more free VPNs for Firestick, try the below mentioned VPNs.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What’s the best free VPN for Firestick?
If you consider free VPNs, no VPNs are not powerful enough to protect your data. Use Premium VPNs for enhanced protection.
2. Will the Snap VPN works with Amazon Fire Stick?
Snap VPN will work on all the Fire Stick devices except for the 1st Gen Fire TV.
3. How do I know if my Firestick VPN is working?
Use our guide on how to check if VPN is working on Firestick.