ProtonVPN is one of the powerful VPNs for Firestick and Fire TV devices. The VPN comes under the category of Freemium VPNs. ProtonVPN can be used for any purpose like browsing, streaming, accessing geo-restricted content, and torrenting. Even though the VPN is not available on the Amazon App Store, you can install the ProtonVPN on Firestick without any trouble.
Highlights of ProtonVPN
- The VPN has 873 servers in 50 countries around the world.
- With the Proton VPN, you can get high-speed connections.
- It uses AES-256 encryption and the key exchange is done with 4096-bit RSA protocols.
- The VPN is based on Switzerland which is not on the list of 14-eye countries.
- It has built-in Tor support for servers.
Features of ProtonVPN
The features of ProtonVPN are listed below:
- Strict no-logs policy
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Switzerland based VPN
- Free VPN
Strict No Logs Policy
You only install a VPN to protect your privacy, but some VPNs won’t offer you complete privacy because they will store logs from the data you input while connecting to a VPN. But ProtonVPN has a strict No-log policy. So, your privacy is safe with ProtonVPN because ProtonVPN follows the strict no-log policy.
Some VPNs need a subscription to access, and without a subscription, you can’t connect to a VPN server. However, it’s a different case with ProtonVPN because you can access and connect to a VPN server for free. But you will get only three VPN servers to connect: Netherland, Japan, and the US.
Switzerland Based VPN
You can have a big breadth because Switzerland is not a part of the 14 eyes surveillance network that is an intelligence-sharing agreement. If your country is a part of 14 eyes surveillance network, you can connect to ProtonVPN to safeguard your privacy. Also, the ProtonVPN is free to install on your Firestick.
30-Day Money Back Guarantee
You must remember that it is not mandatory to subscribe to ProtonVPN but to unlock all the VPN servers, you need to have subscribed to ProtonVPN. Also, you will have a 7-day free trial. So, within the trial period, you will not be charged anything. But after the trial period, your bank account will get deducted for the ProtonVPN subscription. Also, if you don’t like to use the ProtonVPN, you will get a complete refund if you have requested it within 30-days.
The VPN has three subscription plans. All three plans have a 30-day money-back guarantee policy.
- Basic – €48 per year
- Plus – €96 per year
- Visionary – €288 per year
Three plans have different sets of features and limitations. Monthly plans are also available, and you can visit the website for information. Apart from that, it also has a free version. In the free VPN, you will get servers in only 3 countries and only with a minimum speed.
How to Install ProtonVPN on Firestick
1. Go to the home screen of your Firestick.
2. Select the Find tab and choose the Search tile.
3. Search for the ProtonVPN using the virtual keyboard.
4. Pick the ProtonVPN from the Apps & Games category.
5. Next, click on the Get button to install the ProtonVPN app.
Alternative Method – Install ProtonVPN on Firestick
You can also install the ProtonVPN by using the Downloader app. So, follow the steps below to do the same.
1. Click on Find > Search from the Firestick home screen.
2. Type Downloader and search for it. If your Fire TV Remote is Alexa enabled, you can also use voice commands.
3. Choose the Downloader app from the Apps & Games list.
4. On the next screen, click the Download icon or Get icon to install the Downloader app.
5. Then, go to the Settings > My Fire TV > Developer options > Install Unknown apps > Downloader. Next, turn on the Downloader.
6. Now, launch the Downloader app.
7. Navigate to the Search bar and type the ProtonVPN APK File for Firestick URL https://bit.ly/3I1cBNf. After that, click on the Go button.
8. Click the Install button to install the ProtonVPN.
9. Now, you have successfully installed the ProtonVPN on Firestick.
How to Activate ProtonVPN on Firestick
1. Launch the ProtonVPN from the Your Apps & Channels section.
2. Select the Sign in button.
3. You will be presented with the Activation Code and the link to activate ProtonVPN.
3. Now, visit protonvpn.com/tv on any web browser.
4. Sign in to your account and enter the activation code. Next, click on Submit.
5. Now, relaunch the ProtonVPN.
6. Choose a VPN server and click on the Connect button.
7. Now, you have successfully connected to the ProtonVPN.
There are a whole bunch of alternatives for ProtonVPN in the Freemium category. If you need an alternative for ProtonVPN, try the below VPNs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, ProtonVPN is available for Firestick.
Yes, the ProtonVPN is free to download.
No, ProtonVPN typically offers a freemium IPTV service. So, free users can access three of the ProtonVPN servers.