ProtonVPN is one of the most powerful VPNs for Firestick and Fire TV devices. You can install the ProtonVPN on Firestick directly from the Amazon App Store. It comes under the category of Freemium VPNs. You can use the VPN for free with limited features. If you want all the features, you can buy the premium plan. You can use the Proton VPN (premium plan) on Firestick to hide your identity when browsing, streaming, accessing geo-restricted content, and torrenting.
Highlights of ProtonVPN
- The VPN has 2990+ servers in 68 countries around the world.
- With the Proton VPN, you can get servers that can handle 10 Gbps capacity.
- It offers the built-in ad-block tool, NetShield, to block pop-ups and trackers.
- With the VPN accelerator, you can connect up to 400% faster connections.
- The VPN offers 24/7 customer support with a live chat option.
- With one premium subscription, you can connect the VPN to 10 devices.
Strict No Logs Policy
You only install a VPN to protect your privacy, but some VPNs won’t offer you complete privacy because they will store logs from the data you input while connecting to a VPN. But ProtonVPN has a strict No-log policy. So, your privacy is safe with ProtonVPN because ProtonVPN follows a strict no-log policy.
Some VPNs need a subscription to access, and without a subscription, you can’t connect to a VPN server. However, it’s a different case with ProtonVPN because you can access and connect to a VPN server for free. For free users, 65 servers are available.
Switzerland Based VPN
You can have a big breadth because Switzerland is not a part of the 14 Eyes surveillance network, which is an intelligence-sharing agreement. If your country is a part of 14 eyes surveillance network, you can connect to ProtonVPN to safeguard your privacy. Also, the ProtonVPN is free to install on your Firestick.
30-Day Money Back Guarantee
You must remember that it is not mandatory to subscribe to ProtonVPN but to unlock all the VPN servers, you need to have subscribed to ProtonVPN. Also, all the plans in the Proton VPN are equipped with a 30-day money-back policy. If you are not satisfied with the VPN, you can cancel the subscription within 30 days of billing and get a full refund.
The VPN has three subscription plans. There is no free trial available for the Proton VPN.
|Proton VPN 1-Month Plan||$11.49|
|Proton VPN 1-Year Plan||$71.88|
|Proton VPN 2-Year Plan||$119.76|
In addition to a VPN subscription, you can also get the Proton Unlimited plan, combined with Proton Mail, Proton Calenday, Encrypted Drive, and Password Manager. This costs $12.99 per month, $119.88 per year, and $191.76 for two years. You can visit the ProtonVPN website to buy any of the plans.
How to Get ProtonVPN on Firestick
1. Go to the home screen of your Firestick.
2. Select the Find tab and choose the Search tile.
3. Search for ProtonVPN using the virtual keyboard.
4. Pick the ProtonVPN from the Apps & Games category.
5. Next, click on the Get button to install the ProtonVPN app.
How to Move ProtonVPN to Firestick Home Screen
Follow the steps to move ProtonVPN to the Fire TV home screen.
1. After installing ProtonVPN on Firestick, head back to the Fire TV home screen and click on the See all apps option.
2. On the Your Apps & Channels page, search for ProtonVPN and move to the app.
3. Click on the Options icon and select Move from the list.
4. Now, drag the app and place it on the home screen for easy access.
How to Activate ProtonVPN on Firestick
1. Launch the ProtonVPN on your Amazon Firestick.
2. Select the Sign In button.
3. You will be presented with the Activation Code and the link to activate ProtonVPN.
4. Now, visit protonvpn.com/tv on any web browser.
5. Sign in to your account and enter the activation code. Next, click on Verify Code button.
6. Now, relaunch the ProtonVPN.
7. Choose a VPN server and click on the Connect button.
8. Now, you have successfully connected to ProtonVPN on Amazon Fire TV Stick.
Alternative Method – How to Sideload ProtonVPN on Firestick
You can also install the Proton VPN by using the Downloader app. So, follow the steps below to do the same.
- Connect your Firestick with a stable internet connection.
- Go to Settings → My Fire TV → Developer options → Install Unknown apps → Downloader. Next, turn on the Downloader.
How to Sideload ProtonVPN on Firestick
1. Click on Find → Search from the Firestick home screen.
2. Type Downloader and search for it. If your Fire TV Remote is Alexa enabled, you can also use voice commands.
3. Choose the Downloader app from the Apps & Games list.
4. On the next screen, click the Download icon or Get icon to install the Downloader app.
5. Now, launch the Downloader app.
6. Navigate to the Search bar and type the ProtonVPN APK File for Firestick URL (bit.ly/3rAIU27).
7. Click on the Go button to get the Proton VPN APK for Firestick.
8. Click the Install button to install the ProtonVPN.
9. Now, you have successfully installed the ProtonVPN on Fire TV Stick.
ProtonVPN Not Working on Firestick: How to Fix
- Check that the internet connection is in working condition, as a poor internet connection may lead to buffering issues. Also, restart the WiFi router.
- Blacking screen problems commonly occur if the connection made between the devices is poor. So, connect your Firestick to the TV properly, and restart the Firestick device.
- If the ProtonVPN kill switch is not working, update the PortonVPN.
There are a whole bunch of VPNs available in the Freemium category. If you need an alternative to ProtonVPN, try the best free VPNs for Firestick like
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, ProtonVPN is available for Firestick devices and Fire TVs. You can install the VPN directly from the Amazon App Store
Yes, ProtonVPN works well on all models of Firestick devices from Fire OS 6 and above. If you are using the older version, update your Firestick.
No, ProtonVPN typically offers a freemium IPTV service. So, free users can access three of the ProtonVPN servers.