OpenVPN is one of the best VPN providers for smartphones and Firestick. Their VPN app, Private Tunnel VPN is a popular VPN for Android and iOS smartphones. In the Play Store, it has more than 1 million installs. The VPN can be used to bypass geo-restrictions on streaming platforms and protect your private information in normal browsing. It can also be used for torrenting but you will get server overloading and slow internet connection. If you want to access geo-restricted content, you can use the Open VPN on Firestick.
Highlights of OpenVPN
- The VPN has servers in 22 locations spread around 12 countries.
- The encryption protocols in the VPN is the most advanced one.
- You will get 24/7 customer support for your queries and issues.
- With one subscription you can use the VPN on three devices.
Open VPN’s Private Tunnel VPN Pricing
The Private Tunnel VPN has two subscription plans. Both the two plans have a free trial for up to 7 days. There is no free trial available on the VPN.
- $6 per month, and
- $36 for one year ($3 per month)
Apart from the subscription, you can pay an extra subscription to use the VPN on more devices. In the monthly plan, you have to pay an extra $6 for three devices. In the yearly plan, you have to pay $3 per month. The VPN has the flexibility to add up to 100 devices.
Webstie: OpenVPN (The Private Tunnel VPN)
Guide to Install OpenVPN on Firestick
The Private Tunnel is not available on the Amazon App Store. You have to use any third-party installers like the Downloader app.
Preparing your Firestick to Install Private Tunnel VPN
When you use third-party apps like the Downloader, you need to turn on the Apps from Unknown Sources feature. Follow the below command.
Settings –> My Fire TV –> Developer Options –> Apps from Unknown Sources –> Turn On
1. Go the Firestick home screen and click the Lens icon by using the remote. if you have Downloader app installed, go to step 6.
2. By using the on-screen keyboard, type Downloader.
3. Choose the Downloader app. It will be listed on the Apps & Games category.
4. Click the Download icon to install the app.
5. After the app is downloaded, click the Open button to launch the Downloader app.
6. Click the Search bar and type the Private Tunnel VPN’s download link https://bit.ly/2OKkU61. When you finished typing, click the Go button.
7. Now, click the Install button to install the VPN.
8. When the VPN is installed, click the Done button and the Delete button to delete the apk file.
9. Then, go to the Apps section and open the Private Tunnel VPN application.
10. Log in with the subscribed account and start using the VPN on your Firestick.
The Private Tunnel VPN Alternatives
If you want to access more virtual countries, try the below alternatives.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does OpenVPN work on Firestick?
Yes, OpenVPN will work on all the Fire TV and Fire TV Stick models except for the 1st Gen Fire TV.
2. How do I know if my Firestick VPN is working?
Use our guide on how to check if VPN is working on Firestick.
3. Is there a free VPN for Firestick?
Free VPNs are available for Firestick. But those free VPNs will have basic encryption. VPNs like Iron Shield VPN, iON VPN is available for free.