Norton is a household name in antivirus and security. Norton also offers its own VPN in the name of Norton Secure VPN. The VPN app is available for smartphones and PCs. But for Firestick, the Norton Secure VPN is not available on the Amazon App Store. To use the Norton VPN on Firestick, you need to sideload the VPN using its APK file. Norton Secure VPN offers servers all around the world to stay secure while surfing the internet.
Highlights of Norton Secure VPN
Below are the highlights of using Norton VPN on Firestick:
- With the subscription, you will get 50GB of encrypted cloud storage.
- The VPN has a built-in Password Manager tool.
- You can use the VPN for up to 10 devices based on your subscription.
- The VPN is powered by LifeLock to monitor Dark Web.
- The VPN has bank-grade encryption and can protect your devices from public WiFi.
- Norton Secure VPN comes with an ad-blocker with which you can keep your device untracked by advertisers.
- It has a Parental Control feature to protect your kids from accessing harmful content.
Norton Secure VPN Pricing
Norton Secure VPN offers three types of subscriptions that vary with the number of devices. If you are a new user, you will get the 7-day free trial.
|No. of Devices||Monthly Cost||Yearly Cost|
For yearly plans, you will get a 60-day money-back policy. For monthly plans, you will get a 14-day money-back policy. You can visit the Norton Secure VPN website (https://norton.com/products/norton-secure-vpn) to subscribe to its plans.
How to Download and Add Norton VPN on Firestick
As the Norton Secure VPN is not available on the Amazon App Store, you need to use third-party apps like the Downloader to get the VPN. If you use third-party apps like the Downloader, you need to turn on the Apps from Unknown Sources feature.
Go to Settings → My Fire TV → Developer Options → Install Unknown Apps → Turn On the toggle for Downloader or ES File Explorer.
How to Sideload Norton VPN on Firestick using Downloader
1. Select the Find tab and choose the Search tile.
2. Type Downloader and search for it.
3. Select the Downloader app. The app will be listed in the Apps & Games section.
4. Click the Download icon to install the app. You can also click the Get icon.
5. Now, click the Open button to launch the Downloader app instantly.
6. Click on the Search bar and type the Norton Secure VPN’s download link (bit.ly/3K8hBCD). After that, click the Go button.
7. Now, click the Install button to install the VPN.
8. Once the installation process is completed, click on Open to launch the app.
Alternative Method: How to Get Norton Secure VPN on Firestick
Follow the steps below to put Norton VPN on Firestick using ES File Explorer. To install APKs using ES File Explorer, you need to buy its premium version, which costs $9.99 per month.
1. Select Find tab → Search tile from the home screen.
2. Use the on-screen keyboard to type and search for the ES File Explorer app.
3. Choose the ES File Explorer app from the search result.
4. Click on the Get or Download button.
5. Now, the ES File Explorer app will be installed on your Firestick.
6. Next, click on the Open button to launch the ES File Explorer app.
7. Choose the Downloader icon from the home screen.
8. Select the New tab from the lower-left corner.
9. Enter the URL of the APK File (bit.ly/3K8hBCD) of the Norton VPN.
10. Also, enter the name of the APK file below.
11. Click on the Download Now button to download the Norton Secure VPN APK file.
12. Finally, the Norton VPN app will start to download. Click on Open File after Norton VPN APK File is downloaded.
13. Next, select the Install button.
15. The Norton VPN app will be installed on your Firestick.
How to Use Norton VPN on Firestick
When you are done with the installation, complete the setup process to use the VPN on your Firestick.
1. Go to the My Apps & Channels section on your Firestick.
2. Select Norton VPN from the list.
3. Sign in with your account credentials.
4. Now, select any server location to connect.
5. Start streaming or browsing anonymously with Norton VPN.
Why is Norton VPN not working on Firestick?
- If you have any buffering issues or are not loading problems, make sure that the internet connection is connected to the Firestick device properly.
- In case the Norton VPN doesn’t turn on, then ensure you have an active subscription to the VPN.
- Norton VPN not connecting issues may occur due to lack of updates too. So update the app to the latest version to fix the issue.
- In the Firestick 1st Gen, you can’t use any VPN apps. If you have the Firestick 1st Gen, upgrade the device to any of its latest models.
Best Alternatives for Norton VPN
If you are not satisfied with the Norton VPN or if you want a VPN that is available on the Amazon App Store, you can try os the alternatives mentioned below.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, the Norton Secure VPN app is not available on the Amazon App Store. You need to sideload the app using third-party installers.
Yes, using its APK file, you can connect to the VPN network on Firestick. But, you can’t use the Norton or any other VPNs on 1st Firestick.