Hulu is one of the popular streaming platforms available in the USA. It is a subscription-based streaming service operated by Disney+. You can stream live TV channels, TV shows, sports, movies, news, etc. You can also access the award-winning Hulu originals. With a single subscription, you can access Hulu on upto 6 user profiles and 2 screens at the same time. In addition to that, you can download and watch your favorite shows offline, anytime. You can stream Hulu on Firestick by getting it from the Amazon App Store on Firestick.
Hulu TV comes with three different plans with a 30 free trial period.
- Basic Plan with Ad breaks – $6.99/month
- No Ads plan – #12.99/month
- Hulu + live TV – $69.99/month
It also offers some premium add-ons like HBO Max, Cinemax, SHOWTIME, and STARZ.
How to Install Hulu on Firestick
Hulu is officially available on Amazon Firestick. You can easily install the Hulu app on Amazon Firestick.
One Step Guide: Launch the Fire TV home > Click Find > Tap Search > Browse for Hulu using Microphone or on-screen keyboard > Select the app > Click Get or Download > Click Open to launch.
1. Turn on Firestick and go to the search option under the Find category.
2. Enter the key term “Hulu” and click on the suggestions below.
3. The Hulu app, along with other related apps, will appear. Click on the Hulu app.
4. Hulu app page will open. Click on the “Download” or “Get” button to continue.
5. The app will get downloaded and installed on your device.
6. Click “Open” to launch the app.
Once the app gets installed, launch the app and log in with your account. If you are using Hulu premium, you can watch the contents on your Firestick. If you are using Hulu away from home, then use a VPN to stream its content.
Alternated Method: How to Sideload Hulu on Firestick
If you can’t find the Hulu app on Firestick, as an alternate method, you can sideoad Hulu for Fire TV using Downloader. Before that, configure your Firestick to install third-party apps.
1. Enter the Fire TV home screen, and click Settings.
2. Click on My Fire TV and select Developer Options.
3 Click Install Unknown Apps and turn it on.
How to Download Hulu on Firestick using Downloader
1. Navigate on your Firestick to the Home screen and click the Search icon under the Find category.
2. Using the on-screen keyboard, search Downloader.
3. Click Get to begin the installation process.
4. Open the app and enter the Hulu APK file in the URL filed.
5. Tap Go to download the file.
6. When the download is completed, click the Install icon.
7. Once the app is installed, launch the app on your Firestick.
8. Delete the APK file as it is no longer needed.
How to Stream Hulu Outside the USA on Firestick Using VPN
Hulu has a powerful geo-restriction algorithm to block any unregistered access. In order to bypass Hulu’s geo-restrictions, you need to use only the Premium VPNs. Use our guide on how to install the best premium VPNs on Firestick.
1. Buy the subscription from any one of the VPNs.
2. Open the VPN and choose the server from the USA or Japan location.
3. Then, open the Hulu app on your Firestick and log in.
4. Now, you will get access to Hulu independent of your geolocation.
5. Since Hulu is available only in the USA and Japan, you need to choose servers only from the USA and Japan locations.
Note: You can also use other VPNs. But the VPN must have strong geo-spoofing servers in the USA and Japan.
Why is Hulu not working on Firestick?
Here are some of the reasons why Hulu is not working on Fire TV.
- If the Hulu app keeps crashing or freezing on Firestick, make sure you use the latest version of the Hulu TV and also clear the app cache files.
- Hulu will keep buffering on Firestick if the internet connectivity is poor. Make sure to connect your Firestick with a stable internet connection or restart your WiFi router
- The Hulu app on Firestick may keep restarting if there are connectivity issues. To fix it, check for the connection made between your Firestick and TV abd start your device.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, you need a subscription to stream Hulu on Fire TV.
Highlight the Hulu app under the Your Apps & Channels section. Select Options > click More info > Check for updates. If available, then click Update to get the app.
Yes, IPVanish VPN works with Hulu. If you are using IPVanish VPN, you will have the advantage that the VPN is based in the USA. So, for USA servers, you can easily access Hulu.
No, Hulu is still working fine with thousand+ hours of streaming content.
No, Hulu is not available with Amazon Prime.