CyberGhost VPN is one of the popular VPN services officially available on the Amazon App Store. You can directly download the CyberGhost VPN app on your Firestick and fireOS powered Smart TVs except for the Fire TV 1st Gen. You can easily get into the geo-blocked regions and access more content by using the CyberGhost VPN on your Firestick.
With CyberGhost VPN, you will get a pack of uninterrupted streaming, comprehensive Anonymity, and fast and secure downloads on your Fire TV. It includes numerous servers and hides your IP address to prevent it from leaking data by hackers.
CyberGhost VPN is the most affordable premium VPN service, and it includes a 45-day money-back guarantee for new members. In this article, we have clearly explained the proper ways to install and use the CyberGhost VPN on all compatible Firestick models.
CyberGhost VPN Specifications – An Overview
|Number of Servers
|Number of Countries
|100+ [126+ locations]
|Yes [Amazon App Store]
|2nd Gen (2016)
Fire TV Stick 4K (2018)
Fire TV Cube (1st and 2nd Gen)
Fire TV Stick Lite (2020)
Fire TV Stick 4K Max (2021)
|$12.99 per month
|Credit Card, Debit Card, PayPal, UPI, Crypto
|WireGuard, OpenVPN, and IKEv2 VPN
How to Download CyberGhost VPN on Firestick and Fire TV
1. For quick installation, connect your Firestick to a strong Wi-Fi connection.
2. Turn on your Fire TV and select the Find icon from the Home Screen.
3. Select the search bar, type CyberGhost VPN, and start the search.
4. Select the CyberGhost VPN app from the suggestion and click on the Get or Download button to install the VPN app on your Firestick.
How to Set Up CyberGhost VPN on Firestick
1. Once the installation is completed, click the Open button to launch the app on your TV.
3. A code will be displayed on your TV. You can log in with the PIN by selecting the Validate PIN button and entering the displayed code on the cgvpn.info/link activation site.
4. Or else you can go with the regular Login method by selecting the Open Regular Login button and entering your account credentials to log in.
5. Accept the OK prompt to encrypt your internet traffic, and within a few minutes, you will connect to its servers.
How to Use CyberGhost VPN on Firestick
1. When opening the CyberGhost VPN, you will be asked to connect to a VPN server. Click the Connect button to connect to the fastest and nearest server.
2. If you want to change the location, click the Best Location button. You will get the server list based on Countries, Streaming, and Favorites.
3. Choose a country from the list to connect to the VPN.
4. Click the Settings icon on the top to get more options.
5. The Settings menu in the CyberGhost VPN is categorized into three segments. General, VPN, and WiFi.
6. In the General menu, you will get toggles for Anonymous Statistics, Use Domain Fronting, Share Network Data for Troubleshooting, and four other pages. At the bottom, you have the version number and the Log Out button.
7. In the VPN menu, you will get different customization options.
- Connection Checker: Here, you can test your VPN connection with six metrics and ensure the VPN is working without any connectivity issues.
- Dedicated IP: If you want, you can set up and use a dedicated IP address from the VPN.
- VPN Protocol: Here, you can choose the VPN protocol from the available ones.
- Small Packet Size: You can turn on this toggle if your internet speed is too low.
- Use Random Port: Using this option will connect to CyberGhost VPN on random ports.
- Content Blocker: Enable this toggle to block ads, malware, and trackers.
- App Split Tunnel: Here, you can choose apps that need and don’t need to be connected to a VPN.
8. In the WiFi option, you can enable or disable VPN protection for WiFi. Once it is enabled, you will get three options. Secure WiFi, Unsecured WiFi, and Limited Protection.
How to Sideload CyberGhost VPN on Firestick
If you aren’t able to find the CyberGhost VPN on the Amazon App Store, alternatively, you can sideload the app on your Firestick.
1. First, install the Downloader app from the Amazon App Store to sideload the third-party apps on your TV.
2. After installation, turn on the Install Unknow Apps for Downloader app.
Note: You can enable the above-mentioned option by going to TV Settings → Select Developer options → Select Install Unknown Apps → Enable Downloader.
3. Open the Downloader app on your TV and move to the Home tab.
4. Enter the CyberGhost APK URL [https://urlsrt.io/cyberghost] in the Search Term box and select the Go button.
5. Wait for a few minutes to download it, and once it is completed, select the Install button to get the app.
6. Select the Open button to launch the CyberGhost app on your Firestick.
7. Now, log in with your CyberGhost account and activate the VPN for safe browsing on your Fire TV.
CyberGhost VPN Features Available in Firestick
|No Log Policy
CyberGhost VPN: Speed Tests and Performance Analysis
We got the CyberGhost VPN’s trail pack to test its services. We did the speed test using the Internet Speed Test tool by Nav Wonders and the built-in speed test tool on Firestick.
For testing purposes, we are using the 100 Mbps baseline speed. We are doing this test on four cases. Without VPN, with the nearest server, with the USA’s fastest server, and with the UK’s fastest server. First, we recorded the pings, download speed, and upload speed of the base Internet speed without CyberGhost VPN. Then, we recorded the Internet speed again by connecting to CyberGhost VPN’s Nearest USA and UK servers. After evaluating the results, we have tabulated our findings below.
When you connect to a VPN server, it will show you the original IP address, the server’s IP, and other VPN connection details.
|Pings (in ms)
|Download Speed (in Mbps)
|Upload Speed (in Mbps)
|With Nearest Server
|11.68 (85% ↓)
|3.26 (88% ↓)
|With the UK Server (Fastest Server)
|5.59 (93% ↓)
|4.44 (84% ↓)
|With the USA Server (Fastest Server)
|6.28 (92% ↓)
|2.74 (90% ↓)
Geo Restriction Testing
To test the CyberGhost VPN’s power on geo-restriction, we tested it with the geo barrier on Netflix. To test this, we have tried to access the Top 10 Movies in the UK Today from our home location.
First, we opened the Netflix app and checked the Top 10 Movies tile. We got the Top 10 Movies in India Today. Then, we connected to the UK Server in the VPN and tested the same. We got the Top 10 Movies in the UK Today. While doing so, our internet speed was hindered a bit.
How to Sign Up for CyberGhost VPN
Before signing up, check out its premium plans in the table below.
|$41.94 for every 6 months
|2 Years + 2 Months
|$56.94 for the first 2 years
1. Visit the official website of the CyberGhost VPN on a browser.
2. Click on the Get It Now option, choose a subscription plan, and proceed to the payment process.
3. Scroll down and click on Continue to Checkout.
4. Enter your payment details and click Subscribe now.
5 Once the subscription process is over, sign in to your VPN account on your Firestick and start using the VPN.
|Contact Us Page
|Available in the lower right corner of the Contact page.
|Social Media Handles
CyberGhost VPN Not Working on Firestick: Causes & Fixes
Occasionally, CyberGhost VPN stops working on the Firestick due to several reasons. Here, I’ve listed some common problems we encounter on CyberGhost VPN.
- Slow down the connection.
- VPN server lost.
- CyberGhost connection block.
- VPN is not responding.
- Automatically turning off.
Before contacting customer support, check out the below-mentioned troubleshooting methods to fix the problem.
|Unstable Internet connection
|Attach the Firestick to a stable Wi-Fi network.
|Outdated CyberGhost VPN app
|Update the CyberGhost VPN app
|CyberGhost not responding
|Restart your Fire TV
|CyberGhost server down
|Stay for the service to get back to normal
|Firewall activated on Firestick
|Turn off the Firewall
|Presence of App Cache
|Remove the Cache files from the device
|CyberGhost subscription is expired
|Renew your CyberGhost Plan or purchase a new plan.
|Outdated Firestick or Fire TV firmware
|Update the device to the current version
|The CyberGhost Server is not connecting
|Try to connect the server to a different country
|Uninstall and reinstall the CyberGhost app from your device
Frequently Asked Questions
No. CyberGhost VPN is not compatible with the Firestick 1st Gen. Alternatively, you can install the APK version of the app on your 1st Gen Fire TV.
Yes, CyberGhost offers up to a 7-day free trial for new subscribers.
Why We Opt for CyberGhost VPN?
The CyberGhost VPN offers lightning-fast connection for your devices. It provides unlimited bandwidth which makes your connection buffering free. You can access the popular streaming platforms Netflix, Disney+, HBO Max, BBC iPlayer, ESPN+, Hulu, and so on, even if you are in a geo-restricted zone.
- Allows to choose your exclusive Dedicate IP address
- Protect the gaming accounts
- Offers fast torrenting servers
- Have limited payment options
- Lack of security in some specified servers
Server Network & Locations10
Security & Privacy9.5
Performance & Speed9.5
Value for Money9