Bitdefender is one of the best anti-virus software in the world. It offers security and parental control products for PC and smartphones. VPN is one of the services included in the products. Bitdefender VPN is not a standalone service, if you have access to any of the Bitdefender products, you can use its VPN services. Having a Bitdefender VPN on Firestick will protect your private information and also keep your streaming devices from hacks and virus attacks.
Highlights of Bitdefender VPN
- The VPN has servers in 27 countries.
- Based on your subscription, you can access the Bitdefender VPN on up to 10 devices.
- Bitdefender VPN has AES-256 encryption, which is one of the strongest encryption in the world.
- It can unblock US Netflix’s geo-restriction.
- The VPN is based in Romania, which is excluded from the 14 eye countries.
Bitdefender VPN Pricing
There are no separate subscription plans for Bitdefender VPN. If you buy any of the Bitdefender products, you can use the VPN.
For smartphones and streaming devices. Bitdefender offers three products.
- 1-Month Plan – $6.99
- 1-Year Plan – $2.49/ month, billed yearly at $29.99.
In Premium Security, you have unlimited VPN traffic. In the other two plans, the VPN connection is limited to 200 MB per day per device.
All the services and products have a 30-day free trial. For more information, visit the Bitdefender website.
How to Install Bitdefender VPN on Firestick
Bitdefender VPN application is not available on the Amazon App Store. You need to use any of the third-party installers. In this, we are going to use Downloader as it is officially available on the Amazon App Store.
Whenever you use third-party installers, you need to turn on Apps from Unknown Sources. if it is turned off, you can’t install apps from third-party sources. Follow the below command,
1. On the Firestick Home screen, select Settings.
2. Click My Fire TV or Devices. and select Developer options.
3. Select Apps from Unknown Sources and click Turn On.
How to Sideload Bitdefender on Firestick using Downloader
1. Go to the Firestick home screen and click the Lens icon. if you have the Downloader app, skip to step 5.
2. Type Downloader and search for it. You can use voice commands too.
3. Select the Downloader app on the next screen.
4. Click the Download and Open button on the subsequent screens.
5. When the application is launched, go to the Search bar and type the Bitdefender VPN’s download link https://bit.ly/2NDnRot. Click the Go button.
6. Now, click Install and Done button.
7. Click the Delete button to delete the apk file.
8. Open the VPN from the Apps section and log in with your subscribed account. Start using Bitdefender VPN on Firestick.
How to Get Bitdefender on Firestick using ES File Explorer
Alternate Method to Sideload Bitdefender on Firestick via ES File Explorer
1: Install the ES File Explorer from the Amazon App Store on your Firestick device.
2: Launch the app and click the Downloader icon.
3: Click the +New icon. It will display a dialogue box with two different fields.
4: Enter the URL link of Bitdefender VPN in the Path field.
5: Enter any name in the Name field and select Download Now to get the APK file.
6: Once downloaded, click Open File and install the app on your Firestick.
7: Scroll down until the Next option changes to Install and click on the Install button.
8: After installation, click Done and click Open to launch Bitdefender VPN for Firestick.
How to Use Bitdefender on Firestick
1. Launch the Bitdefender on Amazon Fire TV Stick from the Apps section.
2. Provide your Bitdefender account credentials to log in.
3. Follow the on-screen prompts.
4. Selec any server location from the list.
5. Click Connect and start accessing any apps using Bitdefender VPN on Fire TV Stick.
Bitdefender VPN Alternatives
If you want a dedicated VPN service or the Bitdefender VPN doesn’t meet your expectations, cancel the subscription within 30 days to get a refund and try the below alternatives.
Frequently Asked Questions
As a VPN, Bitdefender is below average. But when you consider malware protection and security, it is the best.
By subscribing to any of the Bitdefender products, you can use the VPN for free without any additional charges.
Since the jurisdiction is Romania, the VPN doesn’t keep any logs.
Yes, you can use Bitdefender VPN on Firestick