Betternet VPN is one of the best free VPNs for Firestick. If you need minimal protection and you are using the Firestick for low-level internet usage, Betternet VPN is the best choice for you. With Betternet VPN, you can unblock geo-restrictions or bypass the internet limitations on streaming platforms. It is available for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, and Chrome browser (extension). Since the Firestick runs on Fire OS, which is very similar to Android, you can install the Betternet VPN on Firestick.
Highlights of Betternet VPN
- The VPN has only 11 servers in 10 countries.
- If you opt for a free VPN, you don’t need to submit any account details or payment information. Just download the VPN and use it without any registration.
- The VPN will secure your device while you are connected to a random WiFi connection.
- Betternet VPN will give you 100% anonymity while browsing the internet.
- It has 256-bit AES encryption secured through OpenVPN.
Betternet VPN Pricing
Though the VPN is available for free, it has three subscription plans with a free trial for seven days.
- $11.99 per month
- $23.99 for six months ($3.99 per month)
- $35.99 for one year ($2.99 per month)
With the Betternet premium plans, you will get an ad-free connection and connect up to 5 devices. Other than that, there is no advantage in server count and encryption protocols.
Install Betternet VPN for Firestick
Betternet VPN is not available on the Amazon App Store. You need to use the third-party installers to install the app. Use the Downloader app as it is one of the best third-party apps to install apps on Firestick.
Enable Install Unknown Apps
When you want to install apps using third-party installers, you need to turn on the Install Unknown Apps feature. Use the below command from the Firestick Home screen.
Settings –> My Fire TV –> Developer Options –> Install Unknown Apps–> Turn On
Related: NordVPN for Firestick: How to Install, Set Up & Use
How to Get Betternet VPN on Firestick using Downloader
1. Click on the Lens icon on the home screen. Skip this step if you have the Downloader app on your Firestick.
2. Using the on-screen keyboard, type Downloader and search for it.
3. Select the Downloader app on the Apps & Games tab.
4. Tap the Download icon to download the app and the Open button to open the app.
5. Click Allow if any permission pop-up appears.
6. Now, navigate to the Search bar and type the Betternet VPN’s download link https://bit.ly/2A5sWCU. Click the Go button to open the link.
7. Click the Install button to download and install the VPN.
8. After the VPN is downloaded, click the Done button.
9. On the next screen, click the Delete button to delete the apk file.
10. Open the VPN from the Apps section and use the Betternet VPN.
Alternate Way to Download Betternet VPN via ES File Explorer
1. Install the ES File Explorer on Firestick from the Amazon App Store and launch it.
2. Click on the Downloader icon from the menu.
3. Select the +New icon at the bottom of the page.
4. It will display a dialogue box with two fields.
5. On the Path field, enter the URL link of the APK and click Download Now.
6. Once the file gets downloaded, click Install.
7. Wait till it gets installed and tap Done to launch it on Firestick.
Betternet VPN Alternatives
If you want more servers and advanced protection, you need to go to some other alternate VPNs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Using Betternet VPN will hide your IP, but it is not the safest VPN.
The VPN is based in Switzerland, which is not on the list of 14-eyes. So, the VPN can be trusted.
You can get a free trial in Betternet VPN for seven days. After that, you need to buy a subscription.
Betternet is an unlimited free VPN proxy available for Windows, iOS, Mac, Android, and more. It is the best choice to keep your browsing free.