Windscribe VPN is one of the best freemium VPNs to encrypt your browsing activity. With that, you can also block unwanted ads and unlimited content without any limitations. Windscribe VPN promises to secure your personal information. Moreover, it is compatible with multiple devices. And you can download Windscribe VPN from the Amazon App Store on Firestick. If you are using your Fire TV device for minimum streaming, Windscribe VPN is a better go-to option. Thus, you don’t need to spend money on premium VPNs like NordVPN and ExpressVPN.
Highlights of Windscribe VPN
- As of now, Windscribe VPN is available in 63 countries and 110 cities.
- The VPN uses AES-256 with SHA 512 and 4096-bit RSA key encryptions. It is the encryption level used in premium VPNs.
- It has the AutoPilot option, which picks the best location automatically.
- You can enable Split Tunneling and choose which app needs the VPN and which app doesn’t need it.
- The VPN has a built-in ad blocker to block all the pop-up ads.
- Windscribe VPN also offers a kill switch.
Windscribe VPN Pricing
You can install and use the Windscribe VPN for free without any subscription. Since the VPN is meant for minimal browsing, it is available for free. In the free app, you can get of 10GB data per month. If you want unlimited data and more features, you can upgrade your plan.
There are two subscription plans available in the Windscribe VPN.
- $9 per month
- $69 per year (billed annually, $5.75 per month)
Other than these two plans, it also the customizations. You can pick your server on selected locations alone. One location costs $1 per month.
Website: Windscribe VPN
How to Download Windscribe VPN for Firestick
Windscribe VPN is available on the Amazon App Store, you need not use any third-party installers like Downloader and ES File Explorer. If you are new to Firestick users, this simple guide will help with the installation steps of Windscribe VPN.
One Step Guide: On your Fire TV home, select Find > Click Search > Browse for Windscribe VPN > Click Get or Download > Click Open.
1. Go to the Home screen on your Firestick.
2. Click on the Find category and choose the Search option from the list.
3. On the on-screen keyboard, type Windscribe VPN and browse for it.
4. Under the Apps & Games category, you will find the Windscribe VPN. Click the app.
5. Here click the Get or Download button to install the Windscribe VPN app on your Firestick.
6. After the download is completed, click the Open button to open the VPN app instantly or get back to the Home screen. The app will be available in the Apps section.
How to Sideload Windscribe VPN for Firestick
If you can’t get the Windscribe VPN app on Firestick, you can try getting the app using the sideloading method with third-party apps like Downloader. Before sideloading, ensure to configure Firestick to download third-party apps.
To do that, go to Setting > My Fire TV > Developer Options > Apps from Unknown Sources > Turn it on.
1. Select Find from the Fire TV home and select Search.
2. Type and search for Downloader and select the app from the search results.
3. Click Get or Download to begin the installation.
4. Launch the Downloader and click Allow to access all media files on Firestick.
5. Enter the Windscribe APK file in the URL field and click Go.
6. Wait till the Windscribe APK file gets downloaded.
7. Open the file and click Install to begin the installation.
8. Click Done and click Delete to delete the APK file to clear up the space.
How to Use Windscribe VPN on Firestick
1. On your Fire TV remote, click on the Home button.
2. From the displayed set of options, select Apps.
3. Now, you will reach the Apps & Channels section.
4. Under that, select Windscribe VPN to launch.
5. Sign in or Sign up with an account
6. Connect with a server location and start using Windscribe VPN on your Firestick.
If you want more powerful VPNs, try the freemium and premium VPNs for Firestick.
Frequently Asked Questions
For its price, Windscribe VPN is worth the money. It will protect your IP and location wherever your browse.
In the free plan, you will get 10GB per month. If you want unlimited data, you need subscriptions.
Yes, Windscribe VPN is completely safe to install and use.
Yes, you can use Windscribe VPN for streaming Netflix and other streaming platforms like Amazon Prime, Hulu, etc.
No, Windscribe VPN is working fine on Firestick.
Connect with a different server location and try again.