Urban VPN is a free VPN service that allows users to use the internet anonymously. Unfortunately, the Urban VPN app is not available for the Firestick and Fire TV devices. However, you can utilize the sideloading capabilities of the FireOS devices to sideload the Urban VPN and use the VPN on your Firestick or Fire TV. In spite of being completely free, the Urban VPN offers various server locations to choose from.
You can use a few of these servers to unblock and stream geo-restricted content that is unavailable in your region. Since the Urban VPN app is free to use, you can expect a high level of safety, and you will see a few ads on the app. In this article, I will show you how to sideload and use the Urban VPN app on your Firestick, along with a review of the VPN.
Urban VPN Specifications – An Overview
|Number of Servers
|Number of Countries
|Fire OS 6 & above models
How to Sideload Urban VPN APK on Firestick
1. Before initiating the sideloading process, you will have to install the Downloader app from the Amazon App Store on your Firestick.
2. After installation, enable the Install unknown apps option on the Downloader. To follow the process, follow the below guide.
Navigate to Settings → Hit My Fire TV → Tap on the Developer Options → Hit Install unknown apps → Enable the option for Downloader.
3. After enabling, launch the Downloader app and go to the Home tab.
4. Enter the Urban VPN APK Link (https://urlsrt.io/urbanvpn) on the URL bar and click the Go option.
5. Upon downloading the APK File, select the Install option to download the Urban VPN app on the Firestick.
6. Launch the Urban VPN on the Firestick after the installation process.
7. Sign in to your account with the account credentials and start using the Urban VPN on Firestick.
How to Setup & Use Urban VPN on Firestick
1. You will have to set up the Urban VPN on Fire TV Stick after the installation process. Ensure that your Firestick is connected to a stable network connection.
2. On the Firestick home screen, tap on the Applications tile and click on Urban VPN.
3. After launching the Urban VPN, the app displays the page of terms and conditions. Click the Agree option.
4. On the login page, fill in the account details in the given field.
5. Then, choose a server on the welcome page, and this confirms that your Firestick is connected to the VPN.
Alternatives for Urban VPN
Not sure about sideloading the VPN on your Firestick? Here are some alternatives that you can get from the Amazon App Store.
NordVPN is one of the best VPNs for Firestick. It offers advanced features like Meshnet, Torrenting Servers, and Double VPN. With NordVPN on Firestick, you can connect to over 6,000 servers from 60+ countries.
If you are looking for a budget-friendly VPN, install Windscribe VPN on your Firestick. It costs just $9 per month. The VPN is featured with AES-256, SHA-512, and 4096-bit RSA encryption. With that, you can safely browse any website on your Firestick without worrying about your online privacy.
Proton VPN on Firestick offers 3100+ servers in 70+ countries. It is a freemium VPN available on the Amazon App Store. With the free version, you will get access to only one server with all the protection. If you want more servers, you can get a subscription. It starts at $9.99 per month.
|Contact Us Page
|Social Media Handles
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. Urban VPN is free and has no membership plans to access its additional features.
Yes. The Urban VPN is safe to use as the app offers advanced features in the security and privacy settings. So, you can completely trust and use the VPN on Firestick hassle-free.
It is possible because of the issues with the sideloading process. The sideloading process may have been interrupted because of internet connection issues, outdated firmware, outdated Urban VPN app version, etc.
No. The registration process is not necessary to use the VPN on Firestick. You can access the VPN on your Fire TV Stick without the signing-up process.
Why Opt for Urban VPN?
With more number of specialities in hand, Urban VPN always tops in the features like security, encryption, blocking capacity, pricing, and many more. So, considering all of these this on Firestick also works far better in accessing the geo-restricted for completely free. That too, you will be able to watch the restricted contents from the Netflix, HBO Max, Amazon Prime without any interruption.
- Worthy internet speed
- Enough number of server locations
- Lack of basic features
- Unavailability of customer support page
Server Network & Locations7
Security & Privacy7
Performance & Speed6