If you want a basic and standard VPN for Firestick, Turbo VPN is the best choice for you. It is one of the most downloaded VPN on the Play Store and has 300 million users around the world. It is not the most powerful VPN but provides all the necessary protection for your Firestick device. The Turbo VPN is not recommended for torrenting, it is the best to spoof your geo-location and to protect your personal IP address.
Highlights of Turbo VPN
- Turbo VPN has more than 1000 servers in 50+ locations.
- The VPN has Split Tunnelling feature which will filter the apps that won’t need a VPN.
- The VPN has the Smart Location option which will pick the best server based on your location.
- Turbo VPN has specialized servers for Netflix. With these servers, you can easily bypass the Netflix geo-restrictions.
- The VPN has two connection modes, OpenVPN and IPSec. You can choose between them
Turbo VPN Pricing
Turbo VPN offers two types of subscription plans. It doesn’t offer device wise plan like Avast VPN.
- $11.99 per month, and
- $35.99 per year ($2.99 per month)
Apart from the subscription, it offers a 7-day free trial. As of now, there is no money-back guarantee available for Turbo VPN.
Guide to Install Turbo VPN for Firestick
As of now, Turbo VPN is not available on the Amazon App Store, you need to use a third-party installer to install the VPN. In this post, we are going to use the Downloader app.
Since we are using a third-party app, you need to change some settings in your Firestick. Follow the commands from your Firestick Home screen.
Settings –> My Fire TV or Devices –> Developer Options –> Apps from Unknown Sources –> Turn On.
Now, you have changed the Firestick settings, let’s get into the download process.
1. Select the Lens icon on the home screen. if you have Downloader app, skip to step 7
2. Using your Fire TV Remote or Alexa voice commands, type Downloader and search for it.
3. Choose the Downloader app on the Apps & Games section.
4. Click on the Get icon or Download icon to download the app.
5. Click the Open icon to launch the app.
6. Tap Allow if it asks for any permissions.
7. Go to the Search bar and enter the Turbo VPN’s download link https://bit.ly/2YNAvGC. Click the Go button.
8. When the VPN is downloaded, click the Install button.
9. Once the VPN is installed, click the Done button.
10. Now, click the Delete button to delete the Turbo VPN’s apk file.
11. Go to the Apps section. You will find the Turbo VPN. Open the VPN and sign in with your free trial account. Upgrade your plan, if you like the Turbo VPN services.
1. Open Aptoide TV on Firestick. (You can easily install Aptoide TV on Firestick using Downloader app)
2. Click on the search icon.
3. Search for Turbo VPN app.
4. On the resultant, click on the “Turbo VPN” app.
5. Now click on the “Install” button.
6. The app will get downloaded and go to the installation page. Click on the Install button.
7. Once the app gets installed, click open to launch the app.
Note: Turbo VPN is not available officially for Firestick. Hence, the interface might be compatible for everyone. You should use mouse toggler to move the pointer across the buttons on the app.
Turbo VPN Alternatives
If the Turbo VPN is not up to your expectations, checkout these alternatives.
- TunnelBear VPN
- KeepSolid VPN Unlimited VPN
- Avast VPN
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does Turbo VPN work on Firestick?
Yes, Turbo VPN can work on Firestick without any issues.
2. Is Turbo VPN trustworthy?
You can trust the Turbo VPN. But the VPN can’t handle torrenting, you may experience low download speeds.
3. Does Turbo VPN hide IP address?
Open any web browser on your Firestick and search “What Is My IP?”. If it displays your personal IP address, use any of the alternate VPNs. If not, then the Turbo VPN is hiding your IP address.