If you want a basic and standard VPN for Firestick, Turbo VPN is the best choice for you. It is one of the most downloaded VPNs on the Play Store and has 300 million users around the world. It is not the most powerful VPN but provides all the necessary protection for your Firestick device. The Turbo VPN is not recommended for torrenting, and it is best to spoof your geo-location and protect your personal IP address.
Highlights of Turbo VPN
- Turbo VPN has more than 1000 servers in 50+ locations.
- The VPN has a Split Tunnelling feature which will filter the apps that won’t need a VPN.
- The VPN has the Smart Location option, which will pick the best server based on your location.
- Turbo VPN has specialized servers for Netflix. With these servers, you can easily bypass the Netflix geo-restrictions.
- The VPN has two connection modes, OpenVPN and IPSec. You can choose between them.
Turbo VPN Pricing
Turbo VPN offers two types of subscription plans. It doesn’t offer device-wise plans like Avast VPN. You can visit their website at www.turboVPN.com to subscribe to their plans.
- $11.99 per month
- $35.99 per year ($2.99 per month)
- $59.99 for 12 months
- $99.99 for 24 months.
Apart from the subscription, it offers a 7-day free trial. As of now, there is no money-back guarantee available for Turbo VPN.
How to Download and Install Turbo VPN for Firestick
As of now, Turbo VPN is not available on the Amazon App Store, and you need to use a third-party installer to install the VPN. In this post, we are going to use the Downloader app.
Since we are using a third-party app, you need to change some settings in your Firestick. Follow the commands from your Firestick Home screen.
Enable Install Unknown Apps
1. Go to Settings from the Fire TV home screen.
2. Select My Fire TV or Devices.
3. Under that, choose Developer Options.
4. Then, click on Install Unknown Apps and turn it on.
How to Sideload Turbo VPN app on Amazon Firestick using Downloader
1. Select the Lens icon on the home screen. If you have the Downloader app.
2. Using your Fire TV Remote or Alexa voice commands, type Downloader and search for it.
3. Choose the Downloader app in the Apps & Games section.
4. Click on the Get icon or Download icon to download the app.
5. Click the Open icon to launch the app.
6. Tap Allow if it asks for any permissions.
7. Go to the Search bar and enter the Turbo VPN’s download link https://bit.ly/2YNAvGC. Click the Go button.
8. When the VPN is downloaded, click the Install button.
9. Once the VPN is installed, click the Done button.
10. Now, click Delete to delete the Turbo VPN’s apk file.
11. Go to the Apps section. You will find the Turbo VPN. Open the VPN and sign in with your free trial account. Upgrade your plan if you like the Turbo VPN services.
Alternative Method to Get Turbo VPN on Fire TV
1. Open Aptoide TV on Firestick. (You can easily install Aptoide TV on Firestick using the Downloader app)
2. Click on the Search icon.
3. Search for the Turbo VPN app.
4. On the resultant, click on the “Turbo VPN” app.
5. Now click on the “Install” button.
6. The app will get downloaded and go to the installation page. Click on the Install button.
7. Once the app gets installed, click Open to launch the app.
Note: Turbo VPN is not available officially for Firestick. Hence, the interface might be compatible with everyone. You should use a mouse toggler to move the pointer across the buttons on the app.
How to Set Up and Access Turbo VPN on Fire TV Stick
1. Launch the Turbo VPN app on your Fire TV device.
2. Select the Start Now button.
3. Click the close (X) button on the top right corner of the Start Free Trial page.
4. Select the three lines icon in the top left corner and click Sign In.
5. Provide your account login credentials and click Sign In.
6. You can now stream any content without fear of getting hacked or any legal issues.
Turbo VPN Alternatives
If the Turbo VPN is not up to your expectations, check out these alternatives.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, Turbo VPN can work on Firestick without any issues.
Windscribe is one of the best free Firestick VPNs.
No, Tubo VPN needs a subscription to access it.
You can trust the Turbo VPN. But the VPN can’t handle torrenting, and you may experience low download speeds.
Open any web browser on your Firestick and search “What Is My IP?”. If it displays your personal IP address, use any of the alternate VPNs. If not, then the Turbo VPN is hiding your IP address.
You can live chat with Turbo VPN customer support to cancel the membership.