SurfEasy VPN is one of the popular VPNs for smartphones and PCs. The VPN is based on Norway at first and later it became a Canadian based VPN after Opera acquired it in March 2015. Since then the updates are handled by Opera Software. As the Opera VPN is not available for Firestick, you can install the SurfEasy VPN on Firestick. Both the Opera VPN and SurfEasy VPN have the same features but the SurfEasy VPN is a little more advanced.
Highlights of SurfEasy VPN
- The VPN has over 1500 servers in 30 countries around the world.
- Since the VPN is based on Norway, the VPN won’t store any logs.
- SurfEasy VPN has built-in tracker blocker to block cookies and ads.
- With one subscription, you can use the VPN on up to 5 devices.
- The VPN has the bank-grade encryption to safeguard your information.
SurfEasy VPN Pricing
The VPN has two subscription plans with a 14-day money-back guarantee policy. There is no free trial available on the VPN.
- $5.99 per month,
- $29.88 for one year ($2.49 per month)
There is no data limit or server limit in the subscription plans. The time period is the only difference.
Website: SurfEasy VPN
Guide to Install SurfEasy VPN on Firestick
Sadly, SurfEasy VPN is not available on the Amazon App Store. To install the VPN, you have to use the sideloading method on Downloader app.
Preparing Firestick to Install SurfEasy VPN
When using the Downloader app, you need to turn on Apps from Unknown Sources to allow the third-party installer to install apps on Firestick. Follow the below command to turn it on.
Settings –> My Fire TV –> Developer Options –> Apps from Unknown Sources –> Turn On
1. Now, go back to the home screen and click the Lens icon.
2. Type Downloader and search for it.
3. Choose the Downloader app. It will be listed on the Apps & Games category.
4. Click the Download icon to install the Downloader app.
5. Click the Open button to launch the Downloader app.
6. Go to the Search bar and type the SurfEasy VPN’s download link https://bit.ly/3ey3m7F. Then, tap on the Go button.
7. Click the Install button to download and install the SurfEasy VPN.
8. When the VPN is installed, click the Done button followed by the Delete button to delete the apk file.
9. Open the SurfEasy VPN from the Apps section and login with the subscribed account to browse in an anonymous way.
SurfEasy VPN Alternatives
If you want a more powerful VPN, try the alternatives.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is SurfEasy a good VPN?
Yes, SurfEasy VPN is worth the money. With 5 simultaneous connections, SurfEasy VPN is a good VPN.
2. What VPN works with Amazon Fire Stick?
Most of the VPNs work with all the Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV except for the 1st Gen Fire TV.
3. Is Opera a safe VPN?
Yes, Opera VPN is a safer VPN. Since you can’t install the Opera VPN, you can install the SurfEasy VPN.