Freeview is one of the popular IPTV services where you can stream your favorite content online. It offers a wide range of library content such as movies, TV shows, series, live TV channels, and many more. You are allowed to access both the live and on-demand content. It is time to switch from your expensive cable connection to the affordable Freeview. Moreover, it lets you purchase the channels which you like. Freeview supports most Android devices that include Firestick as well. But the Freeview app is available only in the UK, New Zealand, and Australia, so make sure to use a VPN to block geo-restrictions.
Highlights of Freeview
- You can enjoy accessing a wide variety of channels, up to 70 SD and 15 HD channels.
- It allows you to set reminders for watching upcoming shows or movies.
- Hit the Heart icon to add your favorites to the list for easy access.
- You can watch on-demand content from the TV guide option.
- Get access to the popular channels in your region and browse your favorites easily.
- It provides channels like BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, Channel 4, My5, UKTV Play, CBS Catchup, and Horror Bites.
How to Install Freeview on Firestick
You need to get the Freeview app on your Firestick through the sideloaded process to get the service.
Install the Downloader app on Firestick
(1) Connect the Firestick to your TV, and the Homepage will appear.
(2) Tap the Setting option at the top right corner of the main menu.
(3) Navigate to the My Fire TV/Device option.
(4) Hit the Developer Options from the menu.
(5) Enable Apps from Unknown Sources.
(6) Select Search at the top left corner of the Homepage.
(7) Search for Downloader and choose the app from the suggestions.
(8) Press the Get/Download button, and then the app installs.
(9) Tap the Open option once the installation is done.
Install Freeview on Firestick
(1) Open the Downloader app and hit the Allow option.
(2) Enter the URL of the Freeview app and hit Go.
(3) The Freeview Apk will start downloading, and then click the Install button.
(4) Wait till the installation gets over and then press Done.
(5) Now, click and confirm the Delete option to trash the apk.
How to Use Freeview on Firestick
(1) Press the Home button on your Fire TV remote.
(2) Click on the Apps section from the list.
(3) Select the Freeview app from the Apps & Channels section.
(4) Choose Options and select Move to Front.
(5) Now, the app will be moved to the top list.
Best VPNs for Firestick
How to Watch Freeview on Firestick using a VPN
To access your favorite content of Freeview in different regions, you need to connect your Firestick to a trusted VPN like IPVanish.
(1) Download and install the IPVanish app on your device.
(2) Launch the IPVanish app and Sign in with your login details.
(3) Pick a region and click the Connect icon.
(4) Go to the Freeview app and log in with your username and password.
(5) You will get the homepage of the Freeview app.
(6) Select a channel and stream your favorite show or movie.
Freeview offers a wide variety of channels, up to 70 SD and 15 HD channels. You can purchase the channels which you like in this service.
You can watch Freeview via WiFi, and it is necessary to stream the Freeview content with a sufficient internet connection.
Make sure to connect your Firestick to a standard internet network and try again later.
No, the Freeview app is not available in the US. But you can use a VPN to stream Freeview on Firestick.