FastestVPN is one of the popular VPNs that are available for Firestick and Fire TV devices. If you use your Firestick for frequent browsing purposes, you need a VPN. FastestVPN on Firestick will give you the necessary protection and access to restricted content on the internet. The VPN will work on low-range internet activities and is recommended for torrenting & movie streaming. If you want to access restricted content on Netflix, YouTube, Google, FastestVPN is a good choice for you.
Highlights of FastestVPN
- The VPN has servers in more than 39 locations available in 31 countries.
- It has a built-in ad blocker to block all the annoying ads.
- With one subscription, you can use the VPN on 10 devices.
- The VPN uses AES-256 encryption which the best encryption protocol.
- It is one of the fastest VPN for Firestick
The VPN provides three types of subscription plans. All the plans have a 15-day money-back guarantee policy.
- $10 per month
- $29.95 for one year ($2.49 per month)
- $39.95 for three years ($1.11 per month)
As you can see, if you choose the long-term plans, you can save the subscription per month cost. There is no free trial available for the FastestVPN.
Apart from the subscription plans, there is also an optional plan. If you want to add more devices (more than 10 devices), you need to pay $1 per device. Before getting into the download process, buy any of the subscriptions from the FastestVPN website.
Guide to Install FastestVPN on Firestick
Sadly, the FastestVPN is not available on the Amazon App Store, and you need to use any third-party installers. For this, we are going to use the Downloader app as it is officially available on the Amazon App Store.
Preparing your Firestick to Install FastestVPN
Whenever you install apps on Firestick using third-party installers, you need to turn on Apps from Unknown Sources.
Follow the command, Settings –> My Fire TV or Devices –> Developer Options –> Apps from Unknown Sources — Turn On.
1. Click the Lens icon next to the Home icon. If you have the Downloader app, go to step 6.
2. Type Downloader and search for it.
3. Choose the Downloader app in the Apps & Games category.
4. Click the Download icon on the next screen.
5. When the app is downloaded, click the Open icon.
6. Navigate to the Search bar and type the FastestVPN’s download link https://bit.ly/3fVw4AG. Click the Go button.
7. Wait for the installation to complete.
8. When the VPN is downloaded, click the Open button. If you click Done, it will ask you to delete the apk file. Click Delete to remove the apk file from your Firestick memory.
Guide to Setup FastestVPN on Firestick
Now, you have downloaded and installed the FastestVPN on Firestick. It is time to setup and activate the VPN.
1. When you open the FastestVPN, it will ask for username and password. Enter the credentials and click Login.
2. After the login, go to Servers and choose the country that you want to connect.
3. Click the Connect button. When it is connected, you will get the VPN Connected icon.
4. If you want to connect to the fastest server, click the Smart Connect option.
5. To disconnect the VPN, click the VPN Connected button again.
If you want a VPN with more servers and countries, you can try these alternatives.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does VPN speed up Firestick?
No, a VPN won’t speed up your Firestick and increase the download speed. Since the connection is transferred to another virtual location, the download and upload speed will be decreased.
2. Does VPN work with Firestick?
VPN will work on all the Firestick and Fire TV devices except 1st Gen Fire TV.
3. How do I know if my Firestick VPN is working?
You can check that by yourself using Google search Find my IP. If it displays a virtual IP, it means your VPN is working.